So I'm leaving the accord scene (LONG STORY)

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
May I ask what is this "insanity" you speak of? I hear there is alot of crime in Nashville and Memphis though.

What I meant by that is that it seems Nashville is by far the city that is not just banging its head into a wall. They listen to the people, have numerous parks and spend huge amounts of money into education and the community services. They also no how to bring in revenue. Plus the job market is bigger due to bigger business and more of it.

Knoxville is a really nice city but they are very small minded and locally interested. Underground art community and music community. I guess it just depends of what you are looking for.

Deviousjet

Reaction score
Cross Country:

I guess I could do that. But I figure that alot of people on here probably own a truck.

All GO:

hmm I guess that's what I'll have to understand when i get there. I never really thought about moving to Nashville to be honest because I've heard so many negative things, your honestly the first person I've heard talk positively about it.

Deviousjet

Reaction score
If you REALLY need a truck, the F150 is going to be the only one that will safely tow a car on a flat bed trailer behind it. But with a V6 it isn't going to get out of it's own way and the gas mileage is going to be pretty damn close to that of the Triton.

I couldn't imagine towing a 3000lb. car on a 800lb flatbed trailer with something like a Ranger or a Taco. I towed a friends 1980 Reg. Cab Chevy stepside to Maine for him with my 07 Ram 2500 and THAT got a little hairy (braking) a few times.

If I needed a truck that would tow a car on your budget, I would be looking for a 1999-2001 Chevy/GMC Silverado Z71 (beefier suspension than 2WD) Regular Cab.

To be quite frank. I understand that this vehicle isn't going to be the best for towing. I'm not planning any cross country hauling of trailers and cars. Once I get a 240sx or whatever really the only time I'm going to tow it is to local events no more than 100 miles away from where I live. And if I do get a trailer I'm not really considering a flat bad. That's too heavy. I'm thinking more of a dolly that lifts the front tires up. That should be pretty lightweight and make it only 2500- 3000 lbs including car that the truck has to haul which really doesn't seem like much 240sx's weigh 2200-2400 lbs in coupe form.

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I'd go with an F-150. I love my Tacoma but they are expensive and quite frankly it can't really tow that much.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, let's stick to the companies that started out with trucks being what the companies were built on, pretty much.

An all around truck woudl be either a Chevy or a Ford.

Even for modding potential, if you ever decided to get in to that, your options with both are pretty extensive.

Towing is what both have been known for for years, F150 or the Z71.

Do your research of course for both, for the years you are considering, I know there are issues with both in the early 2000 model years.

Deviousjet

Reaction score
Yup. That's what makes me weary of the Ford. I will never buy a chevy or a dodge. both very unreliable in past experiences and families past experiences. That z71 is a v8 also. The power would be nice but I don't want to spend 100 bucks a fillup.

Njzninja

Reaction score
i would go with the nissan frontier i had an '02 and it was a great truck.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Back