Socal guys wanna help me install my springs

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i jsut got some H&R springs for a decent price and now i want to install them but i dont know how to. i know there are DIY threads on here but ive never done suspension installations myself. so just wondering if any socal guys out there want to help me install the springs. i will treat you to dinner if u help me out haha

or what is a decent price from a shop to just get the springs installed?

oneloudaccord

Reaction score
Niiice... gonna go low! By the way, I never installed the shift boot with the Razo knob... I don't know how you got that to fit on there and never got around to figuring it out.

Namboyz

Reaction score
fasho! the time it takes it about 2 hours to 3 hours max! shops could charge from 100 to 200 depending really. but thats average for a honda.

but sometimes you might be able to find some mechanics off craigslist that does these kinds of things for cheap. like 50-100.

i hope you find some socal members !! there's a lot down there. good luck! did you get the race springs or the sports?

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Niiice... gonna go low! By the way, I never installed the shift boot with the Razo knob... I don't know how you got that to fit on there and never got around to figuring it out.

damn really that only took me like 5 minutes to put on... but u have to unscrew the bottom part and then use an allen wrench to keep the knob in place and the shift boot i took out my center console and jsut put the center console laying on top

whitegourd

Reaction score
At first I too was debating if I should try it myself or not. I bit the bullet, went ahead and did it. Wasn't bad at all, although it did take me 9 hours to get it completed. Where in Valencia are you located at?

likeawp

Reaction score
I'd be down to help too but you're too far haha. Get a friend to help, especially when compressing the springs, its soooo tiring lol

Pay no more than $100 at a shop to do it.

On another note, you should pair them up with some aftermarket shocks to fully enjoy them. Stock shocks will be okay though if this is just a temporary setup

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
well i dont have many tools myself so i guess id be able to drive to someone that has tools if its a reasonable distance...

At first I too was debating if I should try it myself or not. I bit the bullet, went ahead and did it. Wasn't bad at all, although it did take me 9 hours to get it completed. Where in Valencia are you located at?

im right by copper hill and seco cyn road, what about u? iver never seen your car around here

Garcia61904

Reaction score
at a shop its about $25 a spring so $100 total. If its your first time doing it with little to no tools I woulndnt. It takes to much time and with no tools it makes it that much harder. It's an easy job but you'll get stuck a few times if you dont know how to do it. I changed my setup like 3 times already and I did an 04 Acura TL very similar but I have enough tools to do the job.

Back