Socal: Need Help installing throttle body spacer!!

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i have been searching through many threads on how to install the obx throttle body spacer and i tried to install it myself about 5 times already and i havent had any luck with it. My main problem is that i need more slack on the throttle cable and ive been trying to figure out how to do it but it seems like i dont have anymore slack. when i installed it and started my car, it would idle at 5K which is WAY too high. so if anyone that lives near Valencia, CA and knows how to install this on a i4 please help me out.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
there's a screw/nut tht adjusts the slack on the throttle cable... try loosening tht up..

valencia? i was in six flags yesterday :lolrun:

bsivoljr

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, I was just installing today. Well I got that and that was easy. What I don't get is why afterwards with the throttle mouth fully shut and spacer installed. Why is my idle surging and high. bETWEEN 1000 and 2000? Makes no sense. Sensors were just fine. Could I have caused a leak by tightening the TB+TBS to intake to tight and damaging the gaskets? If Im not mistaken those little pieces of paper serve more of a purpose than many think. Somebody help, My Idle is rolling

Back