Socal Shops. Anyone Use These Guys?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
jan 23. made 2 more appointments that he's flaked out on. If anyone knows him personally, I suggest you let him know that I will be taking legal action soon if he does not return my car to me since he will not return my phone calls, voicemails or text messages.

Damn man. That sucks. Maybe something happened with him personally? Maybe someone here can chime in on a solution before you call the popo.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
The excuses i've gotten from him for missing appointments were: emergency out of town, went to vegas, too tired, was in SD for a softball game and then came home late, purchased an integra, but it was stolen so I got pulled over and arrested. The rest of them were either he forgot or didnt care. That's cool, he said he'd deliver tonight, if not, I've already given all the information I have to my attorney. He's handling it after tonight if he's a no show.

Last edited:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Damn you're still waiting??

You have alot of patience. Someone would be hurting by now if i were in this situation.
Good Luck man.

Yup, I'm the most passive/non confrontational person you'll probably ever meet. I tend to give someone the benefit of the doubt and I understand I'm not his only customer and I'm sure he has his own problems to deal with, but there's only so much I can stand before I have to do something and I'm not a violent or intimidating person by nature so getting a lawyer or the police involved is really my only options. A couple guys on the forum vouched for him as well so I didnt want to cause any trouble, thats why I waited so long, but if my car is complete like he claimed and he couldnt take a couple hours out of his busy schedule to deliver my car or even a few minutes when I told him that i'd come to him and pick it up then what else am I supposed to do... by the way I just started a new job and I go to school so getting rides started to become even more difficult and I even let him know about it, yet he still doesnt find the urgency to return my car to me.

Last edited:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Update: It's 5am, I havent slept yet, and he's sending one of his employees to drop his personal car because he said he couldnt get the radio to work in mine. At least now I have a rental to drive for a while until mine is done.

Last edited:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Yeah, his employee came at 6am, dropped off jorge's 5spd integra gsr (b18c1), but since he came by himself, I had to take him back to south gate (40 miles in LA traffic -_-') and drive myself back home. Didnt get home until 10. lol I was on about 28 hours no sleep.. woke up at 5pm and went drinking, so productive wednesday I guess. haha

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Sounds like the money u did give him went to something else and now hes scrambling to get it back. In all honesty, i would take the car back as is and take him to smAll claims. People usually dont plan on doing things like this, they just get stuck in hard times and try to cover their asses first.

I say fvck him and his lies, get the car and take it to a real shop.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm talking sh*t about the guy. I'm just saying whats happening through my perspective, in his defense, it has been a rough month for him and I understand sh*t happens that's out of your control that can affect your work. The things I thought were just excuses, really did happen so I'm not so angry about the time frame anymore. It happens to everyone, I get that. It's just bad timing. He does do really great work and he knows his sh*t. On top of that, I don't know any mechanics that would give you their own car to drive so that was really nice of him to do especially when I really needed a car. For anyone looking to do their swap, I would still recommend Jorge. It was unfair for me to say some of the things I said especially when the type of work I had him do was custom and hard, so I apologize for that. Don't let this thread deter you from going to him, it was a fluke that this all happened at once especially since many other people have never had any problems with him before.

Mods can close this thread.

Last edited:
Back