(SOLD) Apple Airport Extreme wireless router

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
since selling on CL is ****ing silly and selling on ebay being re****ingdiculous, forums are probably the best place to sell stuff. it's on CL now, but only tire kickers so far :poke:

i'm looking for $75 + shipping (about $10 via USPS). go check in ebay's completed listings for A1143 models with box, manuals/CD, and original power cord...$75 is more than a fair price, and i've passed up probably 3 offers for $50... :poke: theres a couple similar ones on ebay that went for over $100 + shipping. ebay is the absolute last resort, however.

a little copy/paste:

For sale is my used Apple Airport Extreme Base Station WiFi router with wireless a/b/g/n capabilities, one WAN connection, three LAN connections, and USB printer or hard disk sharing capabilities. I've had the unit for almost 3 years, and it was used for about a year and a half. Recently "downgraded" to a Linksys WRT54 to run Tomato firmware.

It works perfectly, with no shutdowns, no overheating, and produces a very strong signal. I was sharing a DSL connection amongst a wired desktop, wireless desktop, two wireless laptops, a mobile phone or two, and a laser printer. This router supports something like 50 simultaneous connections and I still had a free ethernet port AND the USB port on the back of the AE to share a hard disk.

The power brick shows fine scuffs, and the top of the base station does too, although the router itself is very clean. Anyone who has used a white plastic Apple product knows the scuffs. NO deep scratches or anything like that. Power cord works great and the power port inside the router is not broken internally.

One note as this is an older model: It cannot support dual-mode 2.4gHz and 5gHz operation...it's one or the other. I never had to switch to the 5gHz mode, even with multiple 2.4gHz "interference devices" like cordless phones in the vicinity.

The base station will come with all you see:
-Apple AE Base Station, model A1143 MB053LL/A, serial number 6F7313EVYCP
-Power cord and power brick
-Bonjour/Airport Utility install CD and manual
-Original box

imgp6974copy.jpg

imgp6975copy.jpg

imgp6976copy.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Apple Airport Extreme wireless router

Alright I'll take it, but I won't pay a cent under $200.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

definitely sold at $200 :lawl:

i had it on ebay, BIN for $80. no best offer option. dude emails me, asks for $55. uhh, no. then he comes back with a $75 offer. true story :ugh:

meanwhile, people are bidding themselves up to $80-112 for the same thing (plus shipping) instead of hitting the BIN button. do people forget math as they get older? :crazyrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Apparently. Reminds me of that Family Guy episode where Peter is buying the coffin and doesn't know how to haggle.

I feel your pain though, I cannot get rid of a like new set of good tires after putting them on a few forums and CL...and I'm sick of seeing/smelling them in my bedroom. :lawl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

someone grab this...a dude on CL wanted to come over to verify it works, now he wants me to come to his house and set it up :poke:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

oh if only i had a good reason to buy, since my current network works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back