Sold Snowflake...

Macsrule15

Reaction score
Interior design for trucks...how does it work?

Not bad, just fix those headlights, those and the fogs look to be hazed over something awful. And the tinted corner on the headlights is not so fantastic.

oh yea its defianatly a project but im more worried about function on this one than looks since it has a few paint issues allready and i mean ****.. its a 4X4.. and will see ALOT of dirt time and with wide tires and offset rims mud and rocks will meet the rocker pannels/doors.. so wahts the point of trying to keep it pretty? haha

but i will change the headlights for safety and the fogs but these are those lens's that are not perfectly clear even brand new and there not that bad..

thanx everyone for all the good wishes cannot wait to get it in the dirt!

intel0116

Reaction score
Good luck with all the electrical issues, ****y mpg, and unreliability.

im not a huge fan of american cars, but.........
yes, MPG is gona be pretty low, yes, fords do have electrical issues, but..... ford trucks are known for there reliability. ford trucks is the driving force thats keeping ford alive, and now the new 5.0mustang too. the F-150 has been car and drivers truck of the year more times than any other truck ever made, ford trucks are also the most produced and sold truck in the united states, that being said just about every aftermarket company makes parts for them and every auto part store carrys parts for them in stock. if we were talking about a 97 ford tarus or even sadly to say, mustang, youd be right on the money, but there trucks are a diffrent story. i owned one and i got 205k miles on it before the tranny went, and the motor was still runing strong. so i dont think its fair to say its unreliabile unless you have driven one and owned one. i dont know if you have or have not, but from what you posted it sounds like you have not.

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
im not a huge fan of american cars, but.........
yes, MPG is gona be pretty low, yes, fords do have electrical issues, but..... ford trucks are known for there reliability. ford trucks is the driving force thats keeping ford alive, and now the new 5.0mustang too. the F-150 has been car and drivers truck of the year more times than any other truck ever made, ford trucks are also the most produced and sold truck in the united states, that being said just about every aftermarket company makes parts for them and every auto part store carrys parts for them in stock. if we were talking about a 97 ford tarus or even sadly to say, mustang, youd be right on the money, but there trucks are a diffrent story. i owned one and i got 205k miles on it before the tranny went, and the motor was still runing strong. so i dont think its fair to say its unreliabile unless you have driven one and owned one. i dont know if you have or have not, but from what you posted it sounds like you have not.

I had a '99 F-150 for a short time and I had the unfortunate pleasure of watching it go down hill. I also drive one at work, it's cluster is lit up like a Christmas tree. My brother's have had Mustangs...ect. Don't get me wrong I like F-150's just not that generation, I don't even like the body style anymore. I have a long bed '78 F-150 Ranger with a 460 sitting outside, now that's a real truck. It's been the most reliable truck I've ever witnessed thus far. But just because something is mass produced and sold does not make it the best. Just look at all the "made in china" merchandise sold in the USA. They make up like 80 percent of the retail out there but does it make it the best? The reason auto part stores stock parts for Fords is because of the unreliability factor, hence why they have their own section in Autozone labeled "help" haha. I don't know how such an unreliable truck can take such a beating, I'll give you that. The new Mustang and the Raptor look pretty sweet.

intel0116

Reaction score
I had a '99 F-150 for a short time and I had the unfortunate pleasure of watching it go down hill. I also drive one at work, it's cluster is lit up like a Christmas tree. My brother's have had Mustangs...ect. Don't get me wrong I like F-150's just not that generation, I don't even like the body style anymore. I have a long bed '78 F-150 Ranger with a 460 sitting outside, now that's a real truck. It's been the most reliable truck I've ever witnessed thus far. But just because something is mass produced and sold does not make it the best. Just look at all the "made in china" merchandise sold in the USA. They make up like 80 percent of the retail out there but does it make it the best? The reason auto part stores stock parts for Fords is because of the unreliability factor, hence why they have their own section in Autozone labeled "help" haha. I don't know how such an unreliable truck can take such a beating, I'll give you that. The new Mustang and the Raptor look pretty sweet.

yea i think the pre 96 ones were the best, i loved the 4.9 inline 6 model, that motor IMO was one of the best ford ever made. i do agree with you tho, that gen was very troublesome, but i guess like everything else in life its all about how you drive and how religious you are about maintanence.
good talk =D

Back