something to think about?

yellowfever

Reaction score
KID200ex said " im not a Honda Freak im an Accord Freak." I thought this was a very interesting comment and i think i agree. Honda is deff a great company for what they try to acheive but think about it, most of their performance cars fall short. NSX is a beautiful car and very quick but for 99,000? i could do alot better for that kinda dough. S2000 is a great platform but for 35,000 you could have sti or evo. Their real acheivements have been cars like the civic, accord, integra and prelude to a lesser extent.
Anyway i guess im trying to say is im tired of being put into the "honda crowd". I went to the local car gathering last week, about 100 cars and id say about 60-70 were integras or civics. I couldnt have felt more out of place, alot of these cars were very serious under the hood but looked like garbage, were not kept well and none of them had a female in the passenger seat. I dont mean to disrespect but I dont like it when people put me in the same class as those types aka "honda people", dont get me wronge these guys are my close friends and I love em. I might try to get a race going if your next to me on the road but if i loss im not gonna go rob a convenience store so i can buy a b16. And yeah i might spend my money on a clean lip kit or vent visors before spend it on my engine. Can i do that without all these honda people thinking my prioritys are fcuked up? And btw that night a beautiful 6th gen came threw, parked for like 5 minutes looked around and left, it was so depressing. Are you a honda person or an accord person? Is there a difference? Does it bother you to be accociated with these types?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah i understand on alot with what you say...I actually am always making fun of the hatchs and what not..if i see some drive by me at WOT i will usually just laugh..i hate being considered with them...I just try to seperate myself from them, i don't try like an idiot, and i try and keep my car looking good, not trashy..

Same thing happened with me with a 6thgen one night a few weeks ago..it was my and 3 other modded accords at this local meet..and another accord came up with tons of mods..stayed for 5 min then drove off..didn't even come and talk to us haha

Don't agree on the S2000 part though, i would love one of those over a WRX or Evo...just so small

yellowfever

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Yeah i understand on alot with what you say...I actually am always making fun of the hatchs and what not..if i see some drive by me at WOT i will usually just laugh..i hate being considered with them...I just try to seperate myself from them, i don't try like an idiot, and i try and keep my car looking good, not trashy..
omg so glad to hear someone understands, btw u proboly have my favorite car on here.

6THGEN_AI4

I gotcha....I live pretty close to the "Calle Ocho" (8th st) in Miami and in the corner of 97 Ave, a parking lot full of Integras, civics, hatchs.... They all got powerfull engines you can feel it when they revs, racing each other but all of them look like crap. I keep my car clean and I don't mod the engine cuz is not worth the effort since the gain you got are not much noticiable. I hate being called "honda people" because I don't do what they do. Cops don't think that way, I got pulled over tons of times just because I drive a Honda.

thatonedude

Reaction score
i dont mind getting called a "honda person" its better then an asshole lol. but yea i love the accord wasnt my first pick when i was looken for a new honda not goen to lie it was my last pick but i love it to death, it is my baby. I love all hondas and everyone has there own taste when it comes to them some go for just engine, so go for style, some go for both, to each his own. :beer:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm definitely an accord man. I get jumped on and ****ed with all the time by "ricers". I just shake my head and laugh at them. There was a time where I was a ricer, but now its all about the looks I get. Its a lot more satisfying to me now to see peoples head turn when I drive by than it is to be weaving in and out of traffic racing risking my babies fine lines.

The other day a cop came to my girlfriends next door neighbors (they share the same driveway) because they were blaring their music in the driveway, and I was outside washing, polishing, and waxing, and the cop came over and started talking to me about my car. He said he has a Civic, and he couldn't tell by looking at my car what it was (people ask me all the time what kind of car she is, I guess cause she's debadged and the tinted tails). I told him it is a 98 Accord and he said that it was the cleanest 98 Accord he's ever seen and that it looks brand new.

I got more satisfaction out of that, than I could winning any street race.

Last edited:

6THGEN_AI4

JMillerF23A1 said:
I got more satisfaction out of that, than I could winning any street race.

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000++++++++++++++++

and_one

Reaction score
yeah ive always thought that accords are something different..that not everybody mods up...its always tegs and vics....so big ups to ACCORD...i feel you guys on this one

blindside

Reaction score
Let's just put it this way... accords are classy vehicles if it's done the right way... civics and tegs are great cars as well, some people just over do it....

shavedaccord

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not all crazy about ANY of Honda's car. They are great cars but the Accord was not my first choice it was more less a last minute, good deal kind of thing.

Back