Sound problem

Namboyz

Reaction score
but definitely check how deep your front speakers are for the spacer you'll need. i ended up needing a 1 inch spacer with my image dynamics xs65 speakers. i had a 3/4's and when i rolled my window down for the first time i scraped off my tint=( hella made me sad.

goodluck and just follow ryan's words of wisdom. you really cant go wrong unless you connect a positive to a negative and vice versa lol.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Thx guys. my speakers i tried putting them on before but they just wouldnt go. I dont know how to check if 3/4 or 1" is enough. I would like to keep the factory cover on and not have to cut anything off......Damn! i noticed 1 of my tweeter dome is cracked, will this still work or do i need new tweeters. =(

geo006-1.jpg

geo003.jpg

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_14414_Rockford_Fosgate_T162S.aspx

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you need a 3/4" spacer. i dont know how anyone has gotten away with a 1"...might need to check the speaker for damage since its probably been hitting the door panel :poke:

you have 2" from the door metal to the window, and can add a 3/4" spacer. 2 + 3/4 = 2 3/4" :lawl: thats your "total mounting depth" and thats how deep a speaker can be.

most off the shelf component sets are about the same size...about a 5 1/2" cutout and around 6 3/4" diameter. if the speaker has a very big magnet or basket, it might not clear the door metal.

yep, that tweeter is done. a pushed-in dome is still usable...a ripped dome isn't...

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Hey Ryan I ordered the amp kit you suggested. The one with the upgraded RCA cables. I tried calling the guy for the speaker adapters/spacers. He didn't pick up is that link you gave me for the spacers i need? If that's them then i can just order them offline or should i verify with him? His mail box is full and i called twice, Is he still in business....As far as the tweeters go I need some new ones right? What would be a good tweeter for those component speakers I have. They are Rockford fosgate Power. Should i stick with the same brand and model. Unfortunately they're $100.00. Damn tweeter had to break. Give me some suggestions

Speakers

Last edited:

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Do you think i should just go with a new component set? Its a shame tho cuz these are almost brand new. I just fuked the tweeter up trying to do a project i never ended up keeping. Or can i just buy some other brand tweeter that is just as good or better for like 50 lol.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Hey Ryan I ordered the amp kit you suggested. The one with the upgraded RCA cables. I tried calling the guy for the speaker adapters/spacers. He didn't pick up is that link you gave me for the spacers i need? If that's them then i can just order them offline or should i verify with him? His mail box is full and i called twice, Is he still in business....As far as the tweeters go I need some new ones right? What would be a good tweeter for those component speakers I have. They are Rockford fosgate Power. Should i stick with the same brand and model. Unfortunately they're $100.00. Damn tweeter had to break. Give me some suggestions

Speakers
Ahh. That guy has a so-so rep but good products. like, he has an ebay store so he has to send stuff out or ebay will ban him. i talked to one guy who got his just fine, but i couldn't get a hold of the seller. maybe try through ebay?

Do you think i should just go with a new component set? Its a shame tho cuz these are almost brand new. I just fuked the tweeter up trying to do a project i never ended up keeping. Or can i just buy some other brand tweeter that is just as good or better for like 50 lol.
do you happen to know the crossover point of the crossover? it might be called high pass filter or HPF on the box or in the manual. its not ideal to run different tweeters with a passive box. i'd sell the set you have on CL or whatever and pick up something else...

RedAccord02

Reaction score
yes, replace the tweeter or the components... How do i go about deadening the door. any links or diy. This was a small project lol I wasn't trying to go all out just yet . A 30$ amp started all this. Right now I have some pioneer 4 way in the front. will the components be alot better or just a bit better. Right now I cant say the pioneers sound good, hell i cant say i hear them at all.... Maybe I can hold off on the components and see how they sound with the amp. I wanted to put them in since i have them laying around but the broken tweeter has turned the tables.

Latest posts

Back