Speedometer NOT WORKING

james'99

Reaction score
4 codes. 2 for thermostat 2 p0420 codes something with catalytic efficiency below threshold bank 1&2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Keep driving. P0500 should come about in some time.

P0420 - Cat is likely on its way out if not already.

Thermostat codes? Which ones? Do you have a thermostat? Maybe its stuck open and not warming up in a proper amount of time.

ajdula93

Reaction score
Have a fairly new cat on there replaced late last year.cant remember the code for thermostat will check and post.

james'99

Reaction score
Have a fairly new cat on there replaced late last year.cant remember the code for thermostat will check and post.

Might consider replacing O2 sensor in that case. Maybe a pre-cat exhaust leak?

P0500 is achieved when there is an excessive load on the engine, but the sensor doesn't pick up movement of the vehicle.

I achieved it once while seafoaming. Haha!

ajdula93

Reaction score
Oh OK well when I got it scanned I didn't have a p0500 code. But maybe still a possibility

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Speed sensor is on top of transmisison. Remove intake tube to get to it much easier. It's just one 10mm or 12mm bolt with the plug directly on top of it.

Tyurch

Reaction score
What kind of car and motor do you have? Vehicle speed sensor probably went bad or became detached. As for the other codes are you running a test pipe? Nvm lol didn't see the second page lmao

Back