Spring change question..?

all.i.see

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal, I just got a pair of new springs a couple weeks ago and I really want to put them on. Except I don't want to have to get a new alignment job done on my car again cause I just got one 6 months ago. Plus Im planning on getting new wheels this summer (hopefully) and don't want to have to get yet another alignment job done after I get the wheels fitted on the car how I want cause I know Ill be changing the height. Should I just wait?! Will I need a new alignment job after I replace the springs if it'll just be the same height?! Which I think is true I just need reassurance. Thanks for any input, Im just really eager to put these new springs on :ughrun:

all.i.see

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping by some miracle I would be wrong about this and be able to do it without alignment having to be done :eusa_wall: Ill just wait then sense I don't want to have any aggressive toe wear on my front tires.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
your not going to have any aggressive toe wear unless your slammed other than that Id say you would be okay to put on some springs

all.i.see

Reaction score
Well Im putting on New spring on my coilovers. So Im already low, just upgrading the fronts and rear spring rate is all.

all.i.see

Reaction score
Already slammed. Tires tuck front and rear think im like 23" 24" F&R but why would that matter? Spring rates that I want to put on are 16 kg F and 12 kg R

EDIT: why would the spring rates matter is what I mean

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Because if you're slammed and you put on springs with softer rates, there's a chance the tires will make contact with the fenders/liners on bumps.

truWarier02

Reaction score
What coilovers do you have?

Are you getting them rebuilt at least to handle those rates? You're just asking for blown shocks if you just slap those onto factory F2's, which is what I assume you have.

all.i.see

Reaction score
D2's. I talked to them and they told me I don't need them re valved they said ill be fine. I bought them directly from D2 soooo if they do blow they should cover it sense they told me Id be fine.

Back