Spring install prep

yellowfever

Reaction score
Ok im installing my springs next week and wanted to know what ill need so that things go smoothly. Im using my buddys shop so ill have access to a lift and airtools also i just picked up the spring compressor. The springs are used tanabes 1.8 in the front and 1.5 in the back. Im using the stock shocks+struts, if they blow then whatever ill just buy KYBs and do it again no big deal. Wanted to know if its likely that ill need to cut the bushings off or if i should just order new ones regardless, what part should i ask for and about how much do they cost? Should i order new bumpstops? And bolts or nuts that i should order in advance? and lubes or sealants that i should have on hand? Also i just picked up a strut tower bar, should i install this at the same time seeing as that would make sence or should i waint till the springs settle and i get an alaignment? Any words of wisdom? Thanks guys

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to cut any bushings, bumpstops, and only nuts and bolts if something breaks but I dont think I've heard of anyone breaking any during their installs. Use plenty of PB Blaster. Install the strut bar at the same time.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i've never had a problem doing springs, i wouldn't forsee any need to buy anything, i've never broke anything. The only thing you may need to cut is your bumpstops, but your springs will say that in the directions.

Back