spring is all about contrast

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its true :squintwave:

couple snapshots out in my back yard...i think this is a kind of crab apple tree...its got a weird name like "something berry"...

not real much PP as usual...raw conversion, bumped contrast a little, sharpened after resize.

80-320mm lens f/4.5, framed against the budding maple tree and yes...focus is from the center to the left. didnt want just a branch hanging out of nowhere :lawl:
3508084323_d9fc6c918f_o.jpg

or how about alive vs dead? same lens f/8
3508084717_a2bc81802b_o.jpg

not bad for a ****ty lens, imo...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thank you :D

it looked like it was going to rain so everything got that "super saturated" feel...i might take a couple more tomorrow if the sun is in the right spot...

xluben

Reaction score
I like the first one a lot. Looks a bit underexposed and the bokeh is a little bit rough
(maybe the sharpening?), but the composure and overall "feel" of the shot are great.

Second one doesn't do much for me. Looks front focused / OOF / DOF too shallow for the
subject. And maybe a bit overexposed. Hope you don't mind comments...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nah its ok...i went outside for maybe 15 minutes with just that zoom lens ($150 :lawl: ). wide open bokeh for a consumer zoom at 260mm...id rate it as "acceptable." my tamron macro would/will simply murder it :lawl:

the second one i left a little lighter (as shot) cause flickr seems to darken uploaded pics, even though i manually resize and sharpen then save :thinking: awkward camera angle...lots of zoom...handheld...meh. i was trying to get some bees but i couldn't see many.

i do appreciate the critiques :) might have to try again today...

Hondastylez

Reaction score
well. I don't know the first thing about photography but I like'em both man!
Wish I could get a fancy camera! =T

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
re-shot with old, dusty, moldy tamron 90mm macro f/2.5 with matched 2x teleconverter. camera showed f/2.8...so double that for effective aperture :lawl:

kinda windy...started sprinkling. not exactly the same but close. focus in the center since the branch kept moving. looks so much better full size. this is mostly for bokeh comparison :lawl:

3510746103_1352d73e9c_o.jpg

oh...its a "blossoming crab" tree :)

xluben

Reaction score
re-shot with old, dusty, moldy tamron 90mm macro f/2.5 with matched 2x teleconverter. camera showed f/2.8...so double that for effective aperture :lawl:
2x TC should be 2 stops of light. That'd put you at f/5.6

Shoot it at 2.8!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be silky smooth :D

Back