spring rates for Koni SRTs

Shadow1

Reaction score
Well I plan on doing a custom suspension set up. But I need to know a couple things before I start piecing it together. The struts I plan on using are Koni SRTs. Other suspension mods will be a TLS RSB and front and rear camber kits.

Question is thus: would 8k front/6k rear be a good spring rate for these struts? Front too soft? Rear too stiff? What would be a good spring rate for a not stiff rode but still able to handle corners.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Function and form type 1s are i think 12 front 8 or 6 rear. I feel like that f1s have q great balanced ride.

I vote for 10k / 8k or 10/6

Last edited:

Shadow1

Reaction score
Function and form type 1s are i think 12 front 8 or 6 rear. I feel like that f1s have q great balanced ride.

I vote for 10k / 8k or 10/6

I was thinking of those a couple years ago when I was thinking of doing a custom set up then. Still sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
I really thought they were 10/6 atleast one model they made not sure if that was only 1st gen or not

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What are Koni SRT's?

I personally find that the dampening adjustability on the Yellows is sufficient.

Shadow1

Reaction score
I really thought they were 10/6 atleast one model they made not sure if that was only 1st gen or not

I looked on the ordering thread for them and they're 12/6 I think. Not sure if they're, like you said, the 1st gen.

What are Koni SRT's?

I personally find that the dampening adjustability on the Yellows is sufficient.

The SRTs are the Koni Reds. Non-adjustable. They're one step down from the Yellows. And I don't wanna spend $600 on struts alone. If i do that then I might as well go with some Type Twos, D2s or the MEGAN Racing EZ Streets if I'm going for dampening adjustablity. I've had the Koni/GC set up before and loved it. But I wouldn't get it again unless I find it for the deal I got it for($100 from a friend) either that or like $400-500.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well Koni has their annual sale every spring, usually 15% - 20% off depending. And the cheapest I've seen GC's new was from a guy on HT, for $399. And you could find GC's used possibly. So a good setup could be had for an affordable amount.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I was thinking of those a couple years ago when I was thinking of doing a custom set up then. Still sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

You could probably copy the ff type 1 rates bc I street and track mine.

Koni reds eh? That's good to know. Im going to look into them.

I also looked on NASHOCs ff type 1 coilover sale thread and he stated 12f and 6r, maybe new ones are different rated.

There's a safe rate zone. Anywhere from 8k/6k to 12k/8k you should able to have a comfortable daily driver. Throw a TLS or progress RSB and it'll help your handling.

Last edited:

Shadow1

Reaction score
Well Koni has their annual sale every spring, usually 15% - 20% off depending. And the cheapest I've seen GC's new was from a guy on HT, for $399. And you could find GC's used possibly. So a good setup could be had for an affordable amount.

Yes indeed it would be an awesome ride. But even with the discount and used GCs ill still be paying $700+ for the whole set up. Thanks for the suggestion tho. I want to try this set up out because no one else(or else no one that I know of) has it. And plus I've been wanting to try it out for the longest time.

You could probably copy the ff type 1 rates bc I street and track mine.

Koni reds eh? That's good to know. Im going to look into them.

I also looked on NASHOCs ff type 1 coilover sale thread and he stated 12f and 6r, maybe new ones are different rated.

There's a safe rate zone. Anywhere from 8k/6k to 12k/8k you should able to have a comfortable daily driver. Throw a TLS or progress RSB and it'll help your handling.

Yea. Read on tirerack.com they're called STR.Ts. Lol. Typo. Haha. But ill try out the one you gave me 1st. 10k f/6k r. If not then I can always buy another pair since they're so cheap.

And yes. The TLS RSB will VW the next thing on my list. Gonna pick that up on my next check.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yes indeed it would be an awesome ride. But even with the discount and used GCs ill still be paying $700+ for the whole set up. Thanks for the suggestion tho. I want to try this set up out because no one else(or else no one that I know of) has it. And plus I've been wanting to try it out for the longest time.

Yea. Read on tirerack.com they're called STR.Ts. Lol. Typo. Haha. But ill try out the one you gave me 1st. 10k f/6k r. If not then I can always buy another pair since they're so cheap.

And yes. The TLS RSB will VW the next thing on my list. Gonna pick that up on my next check.

What your really thinking about :lawl:

Good luck on the spring rate quest.

Maybe Ill just by different springs for my ff type 1s

Back