SQ Sub and amp setup

turbocayenne

Reaction score
Hello, i'm planning to get SQ sub and amp setup. I'm planning to get 10 inch sub only. I dont want to go bigger than that. The guy from audio shop suggested me to get JL 10W3 and JL 250Watt amp, but it'll cost me $430 for the sub, amp, box, and the installation.

Are those set up pretty goood? should i go with that setup or is there any other cheaper options with good sound.

Thanks

eggyhustles

Reaction score
that's not bad for 430

it would depend on the box, though. find out if the box is custom made exactly for that sub.

going another route with a sub, custom box, and amp would easily bring u over 400.

lashlee

Reaction score
It should sound awesome. I don't have the same equipment but I have similar power and driver size in my truck with the same aspirations. I think it can't be beat. The W3 is a great all around sub and can handle some additional power if you decide to add some later.

Namboyz

Reaction score
^^ what he said. ive had the 12w3v2 with the box from jl sealed and it sounded great. was giving it like 600 watts rms =) it was way back then. good luck.

and which model w3 is it? i heard the v3's sound even better

turbocayenne

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the respond. I decided to go with the JL 10w3v3 and Rockford Fosgate Prime R250-1 for the amp to save money. I didn't go with JL amp because it was too much for me hahaha.....

This set-up satisfies me very2 much. I listen to mostly jazz, and they really fill out all the drum bass and guitar bass.

Back