SRS light stays solid and not flashing....

intel0116

Reaction score
yes another SRS thread (maby an SRS sticky should be made??? unless im a complete dummy and dident find it ??)
....... but as the title says, my SRS light came on today and it does not flash, it just stays solid, ive checkd nearly all the threads in relation to the SRS light and could not find a code related to a solid light.

any thoughts ?

Last edited:

intel0116

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPnY9q_L8T0

Did that with many Honda's and it seems to work perfectly fine. But it isn't permanent and will come back like after a month or so lol.

thanks for posting the vid, but I already knew how to do that. I rest mine with a paper clip. im more conserned with finding out what the code was. I have no idea why my SRS came on. Ive been driving like normal and stuff, but other than that I haven't touchd my car as far as wireing and stuff goes.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealership. I had the same problem for about a year and I finally took it to the dealership and it was covered with a lifetime warranty. It was the driver side seat belt buckle.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ This.

Mine hasn't fixed yet b/c of this lifetime warranty that makes me super lazy. Being like this for almost an year lol.

mart1n

Reaction score
Take it to the dealership. I had the same problem for about a year and I finally took it to the dealership and it was covered with a lifetime warranty. It was the driver side seat belt buckle.

This is the same thing happened to me. But me being lazy I have not yet gone back to the dealership. To replace them..

intel0116

Reaction score

that was the first thing that i thought of doing, so i called the dealer to set up a time to bring it in and they told me that if the light is on due to something thats covered by hondas lifetime safty warrenty that there would be no charge to fix/repair/clear codes. but if its not coverd that is going to cost me 110 bucks just to tell me whats wrong.
so i cleared the code on my own, if it comes back im gona take it to the stealership, i mean dealership.

intel0116

Reaction score
i went to the dealership for some recall, and they got that seatbelt thing fixed which fixed the srs light, use this site http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

to check if you have a recall and if u do then go to the dealership for that so you don't have to go and ask them to diagnose it.

all the recalls are upto date for my car. i took it in 2 years ago to have the most recent one done for the air bag recall.

Besides i reset my light with a paperclip. if the light comes back then ill go

Back