SRS Light Won't Reset!!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If it comes on right after you reset it, then its probably 1 or more problems.

The SRS light should go off and then turn back on ONCE YOU CLICK YOUR SEATBELT. Only if its a sensor issue.

If the light stays on, it could be that issue along with a bad seat position sensor in your seat.

Im not an expert with SRS, but I did fix my own sealt belt buckle sensor problem, just because my car is a salvage title. If yours is clean, take it to HOnda, its free.

kamozee

Reaction score
Yes the light comes on right after I've reset it. I see the light blinking twice and the srs light comes back on. I've tried to reset it and as soon as I see the srs blink twice, I shut the car off completely. It still comes back on.

Honda wants to charge a diagnostic fee that is refundable if the problem is covered under warranty. They can't tell until they check it first. I'm going to see if I can get the code read from someone here in Toronto.

finch13

Reaction score
You're gonna have to find a real scan tool, not a code reader from autozone to read the codes stored in the SRS module.

If you reset the light and it immediately comes back on, its not an intermittent issue. Its probably a seat belt buckle switch or the opds sensor in the seat (if you have side airbags).

Sent from my Nexus One

kamozee

Reaction score
If you reset the light and it immediately comes back on, its not an intermittent issue. Its probably a seat belt buckle switch or the opds sensor in the seat (if you have side airbags).

Do you happen to know if these are covered under warranty?

rafalc

Reaction score
Hey, I have a similar problem.

I took out the driver seat and had to turn on the engine, SRS came on. I put the seat back, reconnected all the connectors but the light stayed on.

I tried resetting it by jumping the yellow connector (the smaller of the 2) but nothing happens, it never goes off so I can't even proceeed with the 4second suggested procedure.

Any suggestions????

Thanks

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Hey, I have a similar problem.

I took out the driver seat and had to turn on the engine, SRS came on. I put the seat back, reconnected all the connectors but the light stayed on.

I tried resetting it by jumping the yellow connector (the smaller of the 2) but nothing happens, it never goes off so I can't even proceeed with the 4second suggested procedure.

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Your not doing it right. I reset my air bags after I replaced my buckle sensor harness

Back