Stage 1 clutch advice.

Blackaccord2345

Reaction score
well after raising the boost to 9 pounds my stock clutch is slipping like crazy and I kinda new this was going to happen. I was wondering what clutch other people have used after boosting and is there any products I should stay away from. and would it be worth putting a lighter fly wheel in while im at it.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
id go with a stage 2-3. and if im correct F/I guys usually stay away from too light of a flywhel

Snoobly

Reaction score
i have a 9.5 lb flywheel. ive never driven a boosted car with a heavier flywheel. I have a stage four unsprung spec clutch. it grabs extremely well, but is difficult to drive for a DD. id recommend a stage three sprung.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
ACT is a great clutch as well. The lightened flywheels are awesome to have as I have the 9.5lb flywheel as well.

coupe

Reaction score
I've had a spec stage 2 in my dd since 2006. Never misses a beat.

For 9psi boost, though, I'd go with a stage 3 as suggested above.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I have a clutchmaster stage 1 for sale. PM me if you're interested but for a boosted car i think you should go at least stage 2

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
i'm running an exedy stage one with an 11lb flywheel. clutch is slipping now after two years of boost. I'll be upgrading to an act clutch, hd pressure plate and either a sprung 4 puck or a sprung 6 puck.

Back