Staggered vs reverse staggered

factorviii

Reaction score
I just bought a set of wheels that are 18x9.5 and 18x8.5. I didn't want to get staggered wheels but they were such a good deal I went for them.

Anyways, how much more under steer will I have if I put the wider ones on the back? What will my handling be like if I put them on the front?

I'm just curious to see what anyone that has run a staggered setup have to say.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
^^ This. Unless you plan on tracking your car you wont notice a difference except a better stance.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Track - Reverse stagger
DD - Stagger

For everyday driving you won't notice a difference, unless you drive like a ricer.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
I dd my 8thgen and i run reverse stagger!!!

BECUZ RACECAR!!! LOL

I run 19x8.5 +32 front and 19x8 +35 rear :)

and love the better handling... i did run stagger for 2 months... and def not enjoying the understeer...

its like the car don't respond right :(

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
I've been running a dd staggered setup for months now and i don't notice anything like "understeer" that effects handling. Even when im late and have to drive like a ricer.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Its a street car folks, the only way you'll really feel anything like true "understeer" or "oversteer" is if you take it to a track and autox the shit out of it.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Reverse staggering really only happens with FWD track cars in order to fit a wide race tire on the drive wheels. If your car is a street car I'd stick to wider in the rear, however the wheels are an inch difference in width so if you did a blind driving test with the wheels regular staggered vs reverse staggered I bet money you really couldn't tell the difference since the car is driven on public streets at or around, hopefully, the posted street limits. Even if your staggered wheels have a wider tire on the 9.5 wheels

Last edited:
Back