starting problems (different from 98akord)

sikjdm

Reaction score
starting back to a couple days. every now and then when i start my motor for the first time and all after it cools, it doesnt start. you can hear the clicking so its the starter. and i just replaced the battery with a duralast 800 cca, which is plenty for my car. it just clicks and i do it a couple of times and it finally turns over and starts the car. what can be the problem?
oh, i have a f23a1 btw.

sikjdm

Reaction score
because someone told me if i can hear the clicking from going from acc to on then thats not the starter.

njmodi

Reaction score
because someone told me if i can hear the clicking from going from acc to on then thats not the starter.

Nope - I think that it IS the starter.. the clicking means the starter relay and or solenoid are working - try give the starter a whack with something - and see if the car starts.

sikjdm

Reaction score
it starts right up after the motor gets warm. it only does this when i wake up in the morning and the motor is all cooled down and stuff.
but yea ill give it a small tap with something later when it cools down.

99F23VTech

Reaction score
:thumbsup:Its def. the started i can tell you that for a fact... and who ever told you about that clicking to acc and blah blah... thats a joke... Def. replace the started and i gurantee you it wont happen again... :thumbsup:

sikjdm

Reaction score
just looked over my starter and the positive wire on the starter was loose.
tightened it yesterday and this morning started up like a beauty. :)

rwong410

Reaction score
Where is the starter located so I could look over it to see if I have the same problem. My car needs to crank a few extra times to start when the engine is cold.

Back