stereo, suggestions?

Hush

Reaction score
If you get an alpine amp, only get the V12s, the other ones hella suck, you might as well get kicker amps, they are better and cheaper then the alpine. the fronts you can go better then that, Don't buy bestbuy stuff its always a rip off, and he doesn't sound that great. unless your bying kappas, those are pretty good. If you plan on a sub, don't get the 6x9s its not worth it. the sub will always over power the rear and you'll want to get bass blockers for the rear after you get a sub anyways. no point in it. with 500 bucks you can get a good deck, just get a good deck for now and save up for better speakers and sub.

wg2k7

Reaction score
ok well what would you recommend for 6.5s and possibly 6x9s (no sub) for under 300. my dads paying for an amp for my bday and im looking for a 4 channel in the 200-250 range.

Hush

Reaction score
well you pay for what you get, unless you know where to shop, i'd never want to buy frys or best buy stuff, if you look around on ebay you can get diamond audio fronts and rears, they are very good for the price. the front coax will cost around 100 bucks and the rear will be around 100 too. if you get the diamond comp fronts it'll be around 150 - 200 bucks. Diamond audio is a very good in SQ, and they are cheaper then what you would pay at bestbuy. If don't have money to spand get the D3's front and M3's in the rear and you'll be happy with, if you have a little extra money get the D6's. For amp if you dad is willing to pay 200 - 250 go get a diamond amp that matchs with it, but the thing is diamond amps are pretty damn big. my friends D5 diamond amp is the size of half an RSX rear seat... if you want to put an amp under your seat vs the trunk get a kick 4 channel amp, if you take off the side trim you can fit it under the seat. Diamond amps will run from 150 to 300 bucks, the D5 was 320 shipped for my friend, and the D3 amp should be like around 150 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D...oryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D...ryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Audio-M...ryZ14942QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PhattyT

Reaction score
would stock headunit pump enough watts into the speakers if i changed only the speakers? i like the 6-disc cd changer =D and only want a lil bit more of bumpage in the ride...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
as far as amps and subs go, i love jl. look into a w3 (either the "v1" or v2) paired with a e1400d amp for some reasonable bump. i might be willing to let my w3"v1" go for cheap. its not in the greatest physical shape, but believe me, it bumps every bit as hard as a new one. jl back end...ftw

djpm05

Reaction score
ryan s said:
as far as amps and subs go, i love jl. look into a w3 (either the "v1" or v2) paired with a e1400d amp for some reasonable bump. i might be willing to let my w3"v1" go for cheap. its not in the greatest physical shape, but believe me, it bumps every bit as hard as a new one. jl back end...ftw

I have some W3v2's and have put in many W3v3's, the difference is pretty big actually. as far as stock HU pushing different speakers, not so much. if you upgrade speakers and they don't get the right amount of power you will destroy them. best option is to save up and get something badass. you can always move it to your next car :D

vysuperman

Reaction score
Hush said:
If you want a good bang for you buck for a sub get an IDmax and get some focals, the MB Quarts Q serise out of the question cuz i don't think you want to spend a g on front speakers alone. the rear you can just take them out, unless you want to be nice to people that ride in the back. QUOTE]

IDmax subs are not cheap ;) but yeah those are some of the best sounding subs I've ever heard. Sound quality is amazing, clarity, and SPL too. One of the few subs out there that balance extreme loudness and sound quality very well. On a budget however, the image dyanimcs IDQ subs are less expensive, but it is a very high quality sub (plays pretty deep too). Since you seem to be going Alpine, the Alpine type R's aren't a bad choice. It's a higher end alpine sub and u can find it on ebay for a good price. I also second the opinion of not going 6x9's if you're going to get subs.

Hush

Reaction score
well right now since i have finish my audio set up as a temp set up, if you can get another set of comps for the back and make a plate for it. when i took out the 6x9 the car didn't sound as good. i'm just lucky that i can block the bass off from my deck so i only have highs in the rear.

Stunna1

Reaction score
i got an all alpine system in my accord...definately rocks...type r subs nd only type r components and it will really have ears ringing when ur in it...i just got out of a ticket this morning :D cop was over 150 feet away nd he said HIS mirrors were moving...but 2 type r's on 1600 watt at 1 Ohm and comps or on an alpine f250 100 rms per speaker..its all not the best nd there is better out there but its what u lyk... :) pros/cons 2 my system??? just got alpine IVA D310 installed going 2 pick it up right now :D

Back