Sticky Center Console Solution?

sweagle02

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for resurrecting this thread but I didn't want to start a new thread for this. :hide:
I too have the sticky console problem. What grit sandpaper would you guys recommend or have used to sand the stickiness off?

sweagle02

Reaction score
sandpaper?! ****, just take the ***** out, throw it in your sink, pour some soap on it and go to town. haha.

Well that would work for the cupholders but I'm also talking about the center compartment BELOW the radio. For some of us it's sticky just like the cupholders.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that comes out too, you just have to take off the rest of the top of the center console (it all clips in, no screws). then after that, take off that piece of lower dash thats above the cubby (theres a little opening at the bottom, grab it and pull back, haha). then, after that, take the 2 screws out at the front of the cubby (hidden by the top cover to the console), and unplug the 12v outlet, and wala, its out.

seriously, takes like 5 minutes to get it out.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, then, id say take it out and wash it, cuz sandpaper isnt gonna do anything but ruin the plastic.

and then, if you did sand it, how would you get the **** out? haha, so just take it out, its cake.

jaz

Reaction score
if that doesnt work i would say just take out the cupholder and let it sit in like alcohol for a little to get the junk all unjunked then try amorall again, i had some stickyness armorall was enough so goodluck :leeann:

Back