Stock intake size

Reaction score
I've searched and I hate to make a thread for something so simple. But whats the stock intake size? I'll be making my own CAI out of leftover intercooler piping and couplers but need to know what size the throttle body is so I can get the right size adapter to get to my 3inch piping.

Also if anyone knows where to get a short piece of 3 inch piping with 2 small nozzles coming out of it like in the ebay intakes or aems that would help a ton with getting the hoses from the stock intake setup to work with my custom cai. I realize I could just buy a cheapo intake off ebay but I already have tubing and a filter, just need these last couple things.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I believe the head of the throttle body is 2.5" as i know the coupler i'm using right now is 2.5->3" and it fits just right on the TB. If i may say though...unless you got piping that is somewhat in the right bends and curves why not OPT for ebay piping and a proper filter then doing a Ghetto Creations mod.

Reaction score
I believe the head of the throttle body is 2.5" as i know the coupler i'm using right now is 2.5->3" and it fits just right on the TB. If i may say though...unless you got piping that is somewhat in the right bends and curves why not OPT for ebay piping and a proper filter then doing a Ghetto Creations mod.

Cause I have enough piping/couplers to probably do it already. All I need is the right size adapter to get from 2.5 to 3 inch and some way to attach the hoses to the intake. If it doesn't work out then I'll probably just pick up a ebay intake and use my own filter. I don't mind a ghetto intake, its what I had on my neon and was a ton cheaper then an AEM.

Asking on here was a lot quicker and easier cause I'll have the parts I need go outside and mess with the car once.

Back