Stock Rims

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
I have a 2000 honda accord se and i want to keep the stock rims and just lower the car but 195/65-15 tires look to big lol. Should I lower the profile and if i should how much?

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
yes, lowering the profile will make the car closer to the ground, but if you want to reduce/get rid of wheel gap, invest in suspension.

finch13

Reaction score
Only reducing the tire profile is asking for all sorts of problems. Invest in a suspension to get rid of wheel gap and then increase the wheel size to get rid of the beefy tires.

NINaudio

Reaction score
I agree with sketch here, you shouldn't get lower profile tires on stock wheels. It will mess up the overall tire diameter and then throw off your speedo and odometer.

edit: I was ninja'ed. I agree with Finch too

finch13

Reaction score
Just wanted to add more; I have experience with this...

I drove around on some tires sized for an Integra because the tires were waaaay nicer than my other set. Even lowered, the wheel gap was way big and the wheels just looked ridiculous on a larger car. Also sucked having to deal with the speedometer being off 5mph @ 60mph and off 10mph @ 80mph. The cons just outweigh the pros. Don't do it cheap, do it right.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ I agree with them man, do it the right way. Search around on this site, and google for tire fitment links for more help.

Nismode

Reaction score
Just wanted to add more; I have experience with this...

I drove around on some tires sized for an Integra because the tires were waaaay nicer than my other set. Even lowered, the wheel gap was way big and the wheels just looked ridiculous on a larger car. Also sucked having to deal with the speedometer being off 5mph @ 60mph and off 10mph @ 80mph. The cons just outweigh the pros. Don't do it cheap, do it right.
What was the tire size if you don't mind me asking?

Also, isn't the stock speedo off about 3 mph once you get above 60mph anyway? I'm on stock wheels and tires, and my Garmin nuvi 205 GPS always shows that my speed is less than what my speedometer indicates.

Back