straight pipe or no?

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
besides buying a catback exhaust, i want to try to get a deeper and more noticable tone out of my exhaust... what are some things i could do

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My exhaust is SLIGHTLY louder than stock now that I don't have a cat. It's not a straight test pipe, but a Megan direct fit resonator:D

Sonnick

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
My exhaust is SLIGHTLY louder than stock now that I don't have a cat. It's not a straight test pipe, but a Megan direct fit resonator:D
That will change after the header ;)

DaAccord98

Reaction score
cronic2geeze said:
I thought having the dual muffler setup on the I4 was a bad thing to do. Not enough back pressure for the motor and you would loose torque? But, I could be wrong.... Just add a bigger resonator if you want, or add a second one for it to sound louder..... the stock one alone would probably make it sound the same.....

so wait goin of topic here...i was thinkin on this on my I4 addin another pipe, so u loose torque if u do this??

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
In theory, yes. In pratice, not as much with our particular vehicles. We just don't have a lot of torque to lose. Butttt, dual exhaust on a 4cyl is about a rice as a bright orange paint job with flame decals :beer:

Back