Strange noise while driving

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Not really sure how to describe the noise. Car is a 2002 V6, with just about 195k miles. Has a noise in the front suspension, like a clank or a thunk. I hear it most when I am backing out of my gravel driveway, or driving on an uneven road or hitting small potholes. It gets quieter if there is a passenger in the car. I just had lower ball joints installed, as well as sway bar bushings, but could the end links be whats causing the noise? The car does seem to have some extra body roll, but they aren't broken. Any tips to help me isolate this noise?? Please and thank you!!

Chris S

Reaction score
If it isn't the shocks, I would suspect that someone didn't tighten something when you had the work done. Jack the car up and pull on the wheel at 9 and 3 and see if it moves. Then at noon and 6. Visually check the sway bar linkage as well. My guess is the sway bar.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
My stuts seem to be fine. I don't see any visible residue. I'll have to check the brackets for the bushings, but the noise was before the lower ball joints were replaced..

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Replaced the end links today with a set of Moog's, but sadly my problem still seems to exist.

Back