Stranger Transmission Promblem

99HonAccord

Reaction score
In the best of my experience, when one of the transmission sensors fails you get a CEL and the D4 (if automatic) light starts flashing + you have to manually shift it between gears, check them though, just physically check the plugs, I had the linear A/B one fail cause something worked its way into the engine bay and actually broke one of the connectors right off the main solenoid body. (to date it still mystifies me, but there was an impact mark and a clean break)

Hope this helps a bit

Yeah, I have not got any check engine light on or another. I thought it could maybe be the solenoid but, sucks to waste so much only on one for it not to be the problem I heard their expensive solenoids.

99HonAccord

Reaction score
If I was to get the solenoid the cheapest I see them for is 230.00 :eekwtf: and I wouldn't really want to buy one from the junk yard.

10secvtec

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i was thinking it maybe was but I dont know and i heard those sensors are pretty expensive.[/QUOTE said:
you can go to the junkyard and get a few i dont know the price to be exact because i would buy a full pump and just 5 finger discount everything else.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
If I was to get the solenoid the cheapest I see them for is 230.00 :eekwtf: and I wouldn't really want to buy one from the junk yard.

lucky you, I paid just over 400$ for mine, only place I could get it was OEM from Honda. Test the suspect solenoid(s) with a multimeter first if you have one though, saves replacing one only to find out it did nothing, specs should be in your run of the mill Haynes manual

99HonAccord

Reaction score
lucky you, I paid just over 400$ for mine, only place I could get it was OEM from Honda. Test the suspect solenoid(s) with a multimeter first if you have one though, saves replacing one only to find out it did nothing, specs should be in your run of the mill Haynes manual

How would you know the solenoids are even good or bad ? If its the solenoids in my car, then seems like they get messed up when it wants, so far it hasn't done it since the last time it did it. Which i would say it has been about 3 4 days from today.

99HonAccord

Reaction score
you can go to the junkyard and get a few i dont know the price to be exact because i would buy a full pump and just 5 finger discount everything else.

In jersey you tell the junk yard what you want and they take it out for you. I would have to go deeply into another state to get a old fashion junk yard

Back