Sub box?

emii

Reaction score
I have these
ts-sw841d.jpg

Pioneer Premier Shallow Mount 12"

I saw a picture of a guys accord where he mounted them on the sides of the trunk at a 45 degree angle.. like he did a delete of the cubbies or something. Would that even produce a good sound? Or would I be better off making a solid box and just sticking it flush against the back seat? Meh. I need my trunk back :(

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
there's nothing behind the plastic "carpet" on the sides besides a little metal, so yeah, its definitely possible to do it.

if you have a sealed box (which they would most likely be, in the corners) the subs don't care about what shape the air space is. space is space to a speaker ;)

making the boxes in the corners would require fiberglass work for a totally flush fit. otherwise, you'd have a square box in a round corner. a box that goes up against the seatback is cheaper and easier, but less custom and takes away the pass-thru/fold down seat benefits.

so...decide which tradeoffs you want :)

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
i built my box to fit against the seat back, its worked out great so far
there have been a few times that ive needed to use the fold down seats though and i couldnt... like ryan said, everythings got pros/cons

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Those subs wont need more than 2 cubic feet internal volume sealed. and 2 cubic feet is a pretty small box.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
^ its not that small..I have an 2.80cf box for my 1 12,and it fits up against the whole backseat like 2 12s would..
:badger:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say, my box measured out to 2.5 cu-ft and it's not small. I lost probably 90% of my trunk space.

meximan16

Reaction score
i've seen some for sale somewhere all try finding the link

swollen_cu

Reaction score
^ its not that small..I have an 2.80cf box for my 1 12,and it fits up against the whole backseat like 2 12s would..
:badger:

Of course... The maximum size I recommended was a 2 cubic foot box. Your box is almost a whole cubic foot bigger. The diff between a 2.0 and a 2.8 is huge

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i'd have to model them in WinISD, but according to pioneer's site, you could get away with .5 each before displacement and make up the rest with polyfill.

or build to .7 cubes each, polyfill, and play even lower...

and damn...never realized those subs are so sensitive...91dB at 1w...nice.

Back