Sub not responding well?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what brand was the headunit? the one that stopped working...

try a different RCA cable with the "bad" unit before buying another head unit. disconnect the battery when swapping or you could cause the RCAs to ground through the headunit, messing it up.

Jianizzle

Reaction score
The Headunit that went bad was a Pioneer P-3000IB. The older deck is a Pioneer as well, just the lowest end at the very least. The RCAs correspond well with the old deck, but when attached to the newer one, the bass output is subpar in comparison to the older deck.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
sounds to me like an RCA short inside the headunit.

newer pioneers MUST have the battery unhooked when touching the RCAs or you'll blow the fuse on the RCA output. that causes noise at the least, and bad output at the most.

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Mmm.. I did not know that. Dangit. Well anyways, is it fixable, or should I just move on to better things? Haha.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its technically fixable...difficult though. your soldering skillz would need to be at the mad jdm level :lawl:

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Snapz, that is not my desire. Hahaha. Time to go head unit hunting!!!! Any recommendations towards a newer unit? I prefer Pioneer, but I'm not digging their newest lineup... Any suggestions? :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well, i dont know much about their stuff other than the previous 2 i've had and the 860MP/880PRS/800PRS. i have a used P860MP right now and, despite being a little older, is great. keep an eye out for one...its the best deal if you dont mind buying used (its got time alignment, EQ, crossovers...fully loaded :D ).

Back