sub static

garebear911

Reaction score
Ok so when i turn my volume up i can hear some static, but only from my subs. not alot but noticable. not a real big system .2 10" kicker comp. 1000w amp
input?

finch13

Reaction score
Are the power and signal lines ran next to each other? That causes noise.

All the grounds in the HU and amp secure and on bare metal? That can cause noise.

Low quality amp? That will cause noise.

Even my fully Alpine system has noise if nothing is playing and you crank the volume, not out of the subs though.

dynasty

Reaction score
Are the power and signal lines ran next to each other? That causes noise.

All the grounds in the HU and amp secure and on bare metal? That can cause noise.

Low quality amp? That will cause noise.

Even my fully Alpine system has noise if nothing is playing and you crank the volume, not out of the subs though.

he speaks of the truth. not sure how you wire your subwoofer system but you were suppose to run the power wire from the firewall down the driver side isle then subwoofer. then the trigger and RCA on the opposite side which is on the passenger side. the power will cause strong signal to the RCA which cause static.

and without good grounding, like finch said, you will receive static also. sand down the area where you ground. it makes a HUGE difference.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
another possibility is your gains are turned way up higher than they should be, which people usually do if they have mediocre equipment (2v outputs from the deck, smaller amp than they wanted etc)

garebear911

Reaction score
well i had it professionally installed so i have no idea how its installed. there's no static with nothing playing, just with sumthing playing
thanks

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
check all your speakers because i had a similar poroblem and i blew my front speakers plus your subs shouldnt be able to play a high frequency sound such as static

brettg4215

Reaction score
if all else fails, you could always just uprgrade to high quality rca wire's.
i have a set of rockford fosgate rca's in my trunk in case i ever need them.

Back