Subwoofer no Sound

xlino

Reaction score
Hello. I just bought an amp and hucked it up. The amp works because the green led light is on; there is power going to amp.

But the thing is that I dont get no sound to the subwoofer. I tested the subwoofer with a DMM and I am getting 1 ohms so the subwoofer is good.

What can it be i am getting really frustated with this.

xlino

Reaction score
Is there any way to check the cables? How do they get ruined? Both ends are hucked up.

james'99

Reaction score
Play something bass heavy or a bass tone and turn it up. Personally, when I do this, I disconnect the back speakers and fade the deck to the rear. Do not use this technique if you are not using subwoofer pre-outs for your RCAs otherwise the test could be potentially inaccurate depending on your particular setup. Now, test the AC voltage out of the amplifier going into the subwoofer. If 0, check to see if there is voltage at the RCA cable. If there is voltage at the RCA and not the sub, there is an issue with your amplifier. If there is voltage at the sub, there is an issue with the subwoofer. Btw, bass tones work best because voltage will be constamy. You can just generate one using a program like audacity and putting it on an iPod, CD, etc.

james'99

Reaction score
To check the voltage on a RCA cable, touch one leed to the frame of the connector and other to the center nipple. You should have a reading.

james'99

Reaction score
Also, can you report the amplifier and headunit you are using? There could also be other issues. For example, in a bridged setup on your amp, if you are using the subwoofer pre-outs and have the high pass filter turned on on the amplifier, you are effectively cancelling the whole range of sound that the sub should be putting out.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Edit: Links don't work ^^

Did you have an amp set up previously and just replace an old amp with a new one? or is this an entirely new setup? Take a pic of the amp with all the connections visible and post it up here. Some headunits come with a subwoofer On/Off selection that needs to be toggled in the settings. Some more specific info about all the components in your setup would be helpful.

xlino

Reaction score
How do I tune the amp? There is auto, input level, gain, bass boost, input output rca (where do I put it into) subsonic xover and lopass xover

20141027_142359.jpg

20141027_142343.jpg

Last edited:
Back