suggestioned lowering hieght for 98 sedan

mechanic408

Reaction score
i search the form and i cant find what is a good lowing height for my accord. I bought functions forms for the car and I am getting it lowered tomarrow I am curouse what is a good drop for the car since i have never done any kind of suspension on any car i owned. the only reason i did it to this car is because the shox and springes are the originals for 98 lol

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
23-23.5" from fender to ground is your ideal height, you'll be tucking tire.

23.5"-24.5" is good if you want to get over speed bumps and drive ways easier.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Play with them until you are happy with the look & how it drives.

I've adjusted my coilovers probably 50x by now. The 1st 2 mos I raised & lowered them every week

mechanic408

Reaction score
23-23.5" from fender to ground is your ideal height, you'll be tucking tire.

23.5"-24.5" is good if you want to get over speed bumps and drive ways easier.

it is my DD, since i havce to drive on 680 sometimes i need little bit of comfort but i want look good at the same times :) tomarrow im have vexx put them in since i have no where to install them, also is it true that once you align the car and it settles in you have to align the car again?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I had my springs of the coilover settle in for about 400 miles before I got an alignment.

Make sure you are happy with the height before aligning though because if you change the height after the alignment, your toes go out of spec.

The highest setting on ff is about 1 finger gap so that'll work if you're satisfied.

But the roads aren't too bad in the norcal, except for downtown SF, those roads are ****.

I've driven my old accord at 23.5" to LA and it was fine, I've driven 23.25" in downtown SF, milpitas, oakland, past Vallejo, and etc a few times and survived.

It's just how you drive and pay attention to the road. I always keep my eye on the car ahead of me, if they dip on at pothole I have a chance to avoid it. There's a lot of people who DD their car and is 23" from fender to ground, just have to know the road and how to avoid bumps.

Back