Sunlight Sensor?

AccordUser

Reaction score
The Canadian model of the Accord uses the sunlight sensor for its DRL (high beams at low voltage). With that being said I have
Two Questions:

1. What does our (USA) accord use it for?

2. Can I buy the module (if there is one) that uses the high beams as DRLS (oem)?

Mikey

Reaction score
We do have a blank sensor spot though. I've often tried to come up with uses for it other than DRLs but to no avail.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
the sunlight sensor, was also used for the AUTO feature on the HVAC, Measures outside ambient heat.

AccordUser

Reaction score
We do have a blank sensor spot though. I've often tried to come up with uses for it other than DRLs but to no avail.

yea, I believe I have the light sensor there, its just used for nothing I am assuming. I would like to attach that to my current DRLs which are actuated by a switch inside the vehicle (I never turn them off) OR, If I could, I would tie that sunlight sensor or buy one and tie into my headlights so they come on automatically, but im sure thats gonna be some pretty advanced wiring.

AccordUser

Reaction score
yea, I believe I have the light sensor there, its just used for nothing I am assuming. I would like to attach that to my current DRLs which are actuated by a switch inside the vehicle (I never turn them off) OR, If I could, I would tie that sunlight sensor or buy one and tie into my headlights so they come on automatically, but im sure thats gonna be some pretty advanced wiring.

ive been watching this very closely but cant find much on it

http://www.amazon.com/Nite-Lite-Aut...134372&sr=8-2&keywords=auto+on/off+headlights

AccordUser

Reaction score
OK, I ordered the DEI 545t automation kit from amazon. It has a high success rating and I have heard nobody with compatability issues. The kit allows your headlight to come via:

1. darkenss (automatically with sensor sensitivity setting)
2. when your window wipers are on (b/c they say turn them on when raining)
3. as drls (will lower voltage of high beams) --> then all lights at night

I have never done alarm type wiring, so I might just get best buy to do it (my thoughts after 10 minutes of google instructions and how to's).

Am I the first person to do this for an accord? I didnt find ANY1 else that even mentioned this on an accord forum, most acura's and newer honda crv's and such. Any tips or advice about alarm type wiring anyone want to give? package won't arrive till next tuesday or wednesday.

Back