Supercharging the F23

Nate D

Reaction score
I have to do a senior project for my school, so i decided that i would supercharge my car. For those of you who ask why, i really like supercharged cars, i know a lot of people who think it cant be done, and id like to have some thing different.

What i came here to ask is how it should be done. The first way i am thinking about doing it is with a blower and mounting it to the top of the intake manifold

The problems with this is that its going to be hard to get a belt to the pulley, and all the brake stuff is in the way.

The other why that i doubt would work is to remove the a/c and find a way to mount a centrifugal supercharger to the block.

The problems with this is that there is not much room and the mounting would be hard but i would be able to use an intercooler. Its also going to be more difficult to find a centrifugal supercharger.

I will be starting this project before January hopefully.I understand the difficulty of this, and i do have access to people who can weld, CNC machines, and a person who does custom fabrications. All help and input is appreciated.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
People don't like superchargers because they rob horsepower to make horsepower. Turbos are just more efficient and at the same boost as a supercharger, turbos make more HP..and the TQ curve is for superchargers to envy.

Datsrboi

Reaction score
look at the supercharge scion and base your car off that.

I had my old car supercharged before. I loved it way better then being turbo because of the fact they are more reliable and for my type of driving a SC is the way to go. My current car would be pointless to supercharged but its still boosted :)

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Honestly it could be done, but you would have to switch to a DOHC head. By switching to a DOHC head you could access mounting brackets from the Prelude Jackson Racin SC so that the SC can fit properly.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
H23 intake manifold + used H22 JRSC might work. Call up Procharger and get one of their universal 4cyl kits.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wait... i thought the 6th gen accord didn't have enough space between the IM and firewall to fit an SC in it... honestly, i didn't see any extra space with my H23 IM :thinking:

Back