Suspension can be annoying.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Well the other day I couldnt help but notice this loud (depending on the bump) metal on metal noise coming from the front of my car after installing new struts and springs. The current drop in the front is roughly 2.5" maybe a bit less, but I have a slight wheel tuck lol.

Today I took the strut apart and made sure it was all put together correctly and it is. I even wasted $20 to have a local shop "inspect" the steering and suspension and they said it all looked good minus what I already knew about my tie rod ends (they need replaced and I have new parts). The Ksport springs dont seat perfectly on the mount but well enough that that shouldnt be the issue. My assumption is that the upper control arm is smacking the car when rising up.

:hmmm2:

Anyone ever dealt with this? If so how can I fix it? It worries me so I want to fix it asap.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I mean it's not likely based on your drop but it's possible. Mine is completely slammed on type 2's and wouldn't hit the towers until I added adjustable ball joints.

EastSideRide

Reaction score
I mean it's not likely based on your drop but it's possible. Mine is completely slammed on type 2's and wouldn't hit the towers until I added adjustable ball joints.

Yea I dont think I need new ball joints they seem fine. Visually when I had the wheel off, I did not see anything wrong. It all looked fine. The spring and mount are tight so I have not been able to figure this one out.

I dont expect my bad motor mount to cause that noise with bumps but Im not expert lol

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Do you feel a dent, indent or anything on the tower? If it's hitting you'll feel something.

I only mentioned the ball joints cause adjustable ones are significantly taller.

This is not at all urgent, btw

EastSideRide

Reaction score
Do you feel a dent, indent or anything on the tower? If it's hitting you'll feel something.

I only mentioned the ball joints cause adjustable ones are significantly taller.

This is not at all urgent, btw

I don't feel anything on the top of the tower.

I only posted it here because I am concerned it could be something important as it sounds awful.

Last edited:
Back