Suspension for a long daily driver.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you were buying a set of shocks that were not height adjustable, yes you would be SOL when you install everything and find your car is higher in front then in back, but Koni Yellows have adjustable perches (fronts have two), so you can easily fix any problem related to that. For example, I have Koni Yellows and Eiback Sportline springs, and I have my front shocks on the bottom perch, so my wheel gap at front and rear is even.

I can see your logic with the FSB vs the RSB, but our FSB is already so big (my V6 coupe's stock is 27mm), that enlarging the rear (which was 17mm stock) is what makes all the difference. I can't imagine putting a bar much larger than 27mm up front, but a few have done it. But most people just upgrade the RSB to get rid of body roll and understeer. Also, the Progress bar is adjustable, there is a stiffer and softer setting.

As for where to buy the TL-S bar, Curry Acura is where I got mine, total was $45 or so for the bar, brackets, and bushings. Then I bought a couple Moog endlinks from Advance. Just search a bit and the links as to what you need and what part numbers are all there. :)

I wouldn't necessarily buy suspension or undercarriage parts from a junkyard car since it's outside and in tall grass usually, but junk yards are great resources for interior parts and other miscellaneous stuff.

Last edited:

02DailyAccord

Reaction score
I've read with the Koni yellows that you really don't want to use the bottom perch. The top perch seems preferred. Also, I can't find good specifics on perch distance, ie what the first perch sits at and what the second sits at.

Though I could save some good coin if I don't run adjustable sleeves.

Also, you must be running some good drop, the sportlines are a 2.0" drop add in the bottom perch and you're at what? The pro-kit is a 1.5" drop. Do the spring rates differ between the two kits? or just length and powder coat?

My question with both these kits is are they barrel or continuous OD springs?
I prefer continuous OD springs and the stock pics look to be barrel.

kn0x47

Reaction score
OP, stop over analysing everything. Stop acting like your in a classroom and move on to practical application. Unless your actually wanting the shorter springs of the gc there is no reason not to buy the pro kit instead. It'll give you your 1.5" drop and have longer springs for a more comfortable ride. If that causes the boat look (redryder would know he used to own them) then do like he said. The koni struts can help lower the front of the car by almost half an inch. It just depends on if you want the car level or the wheel arches the same distance from the ground.

As for sway bars, the OEM ratio setup isn't "best" Its set up for understeer because people can't drive, they over react and yank the steering wheel. All you need is a rsb to reduce understeer. The tls bar is the best bang for the buck. If you're still set on getting a fsb, I'll gladly uninstall my front eibach sway bar and sell it to you cause I've noticed no difference with it

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
I am having trouble figuring out what your needs are. Are you asking if those rates will work well? Or asking for supporting mods? From what I have read your not happy with the performance, but your also looking for something long term, yet comfortable?

I think you might have to go a lil stiffer for the performance aspect your looking for, but as far as your comfort level..your going to have to do a lil give and take.

Last edited:

02DailyAccord

Reaction score
OP, stop over analysing everything. Stop acting like your in a classroom and move on to practical application. Unless your actually wanting the shorter springs of the gc there is no reason not to buy the pro kit instead. It'll give you your 1.5" drop and have longer springs for a more comfortable ride. If that causes the boat look (redryder would know he used to own them) then do like he said. The koni struts can help lower the front of the car by almost half an inch. It just depends on if you want the car level or the wheel arches the same distance from the ground.

As for sway bars, the OEM ratio setup isn't "best" Its set up for understeer because people can't drive, they over react and yank the steering wheel. All you need is a rsb to reduce understeer. The tls bar is the best bang for the buck. If you're still set on getting a fsb, I'll gladly uninstall my front eibach sway bar and sell it to you cause I've noticed no difference with it

You don't need to be rude- your opinion is appreciated.

The couple posts I have here, along with the responses, which took less than a day were actually very helpful. I've looked into the bars further (sticky thread) and opted to only do only the RSB.

Thanks all for the comments.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
You don't need to be rude- your opinion is appreciated.

The couple posts I have here, along with the responses, which took less than a day were actually very helpful. I've looked into the bars further (sticky thread) and opted to only do only the RSB.

Thanks all for the comments.

He wasn't being rude, he was just being straight forward with you. I have the koni and gc sleeve setup and they work great for a daily driver so far. The thing is im on the lowest setting and they still ride better than most setups I've been in. if youre not going to use it to their maximum performance, just get some sportlines, comparing the springs they look much better for a daily driver that also wants to be lowered a tab bit.

You did alot of good researching before posting and not asking "which suspension should i get?". Just get a bigger RSB, some moog endlinks, and strut bar. Oh and just wondering are you 4 or 6 cyl?

kn0x47

Reaction score
im not being rude. you've spent too much time reading theories and concepts without thinking about what's actually significant for your needs. if you're simply interested in comfort then i'd recommend getting either h&r sport or the eibach pro-kit to get around a 1.5" drop. if its performance, then get the GCs or a full body coilover.

if you get the tls sway bar and you're a i4 just know that there's an exhaust hook attached to the car that you will need to heat up and bend downwards just a tad so you can mount the bar correctly

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
im not being rude. you've spent too much time reading theories and concepts without thinking about what's actually significant for your needs. if you're simply interested in comfort then i'd recommend getting either h&r sport or the eibach pro-kit to get around a 1.5" drop. if its performance, then get the GCs or a full body coilover. if you get the tls sway bar and you're a i4 just know that there's an exhaust hook attached to the car that you will need to heat up and bend downwards just a tad so you can mount the bar correctly
i installed the tl rsb with no modification to exhaust bracket, will admit its a tight fit but never had to do anything but bolt it up, maybe it varries from cg to cg

Back