Suspension Help...

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
After dropping my car I noticed that every time I make a left turn I can hear and feel something hitting each other on the right front end of my car. It also happens when I hit a pot hole or a bump. It is like a clucking noise. To me it sounds like the upper control arms are hitting the fender, but I doubt it would be hitting it that much since the driver's side doesn't feel the same. Another was that it might be the axle, but after checking the boots they don't seem to be broken or leaking anywhere. I was thinking that it may be the ball joints too, but I don't know how to inspect them. Any input will be helpful since I doubt that I'm the only one with this problem.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Clucking? Probably a chicken wedged in there, and every time you turn your tire grazes it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Jack the car up and take the wheel off. Check the fsb endlink, they break easily. And grab/pull on some of the suspension components, something may be loose or disconnected.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
well i got lucky by replacing both swaybar bushings....no more clunking noise.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
How much did you drop? It's most likely your uca. When you hit a bump, your uca will knock into your shock tower. Check your shock tower from inside your engine bay and if I'm right, you'll have a reverse dimple where where its hitting. The only way to get rid of it is to raise your car (not the right decision), cut a hole in where it's hitting, or man up. I got a shop to cut a hole.

And about it only knocking on the passenger side, I had the same problem from some reason. It did knock on the drivers side, but not as loud. Sort of odd.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
how much did you drop? It's most likely your uca. When you hit a bump, your uca will knock into your shock tower. Check your shock tower from inside your engine bay and if i'm right, you'll have a reverse dimple where where its hitting. The only way to get rid of it is to raise your car (not the right decision), cut a hole in where it's hitting, or man up. I got a shop to cut a hole.

And about it only knocking on the passenger side, i had the same problem from some reason. It did knock on the drivers side, but not as loud. Sort of odd.

+1 ^

chiaxi2002

Reaction score
Alright, after inspecting everything I'm am leaning towards it being a bad axle. I jacked up the passanger side and checked for play and there doesn't seem to be any from pushing it up and down, left and right. I also thought it was the upper control arm, but after inspecting under the fender there seems to be no sign of the arms actually hitting the car. I am dropped on tokico illumina with a 2.5inch drop. It now seems like it is a bad axle since it only makes the ugly noise when I put pressure on the right side when I make left turns and when I hit bumps, dips, and potholes. Is there a way to check for a bad axle without actually taking the axle off?

Milkman

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I dropped my car and noticed that it was my rear sway bar endlinks. I Changed that a week later and no more clunking noise.

Back