suspension question

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so be kind. I'm about to change my suspension and i've narrowed it down to 2. Either Tokico HP/Tein S-tech combo or Function And form type 1 coilovers. I've read a lot of good things about Tokico
and Tein but not a lot of information on F2 Type 1. The F2s cost about $100 more. What do you think?

finch13

Reaction score
I would read the suspension review thread first.

You'd probably be able to go lower on the F2 Type 1's

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I just placed an order for the F2 type 1s myself. Everyone on here that has them has as nothing but good things to say about them.

If I were you, I'd definitely save up and get the full coilovers instead of a strut/spring combo. They'd be height adjustable so you can find your perfect ride height.

Check out the suspension review thread for a lot of info. There's also a thread about the Function and Form coilovers that could probably give you a little more insight.

Good luck!

ccordex00

Reaction score
It all depends on what you wanna do with your car...if you just wanna cruise I say go for tein basics or spring/shock combo...as for coilovers....Tein is reasonable but too soft imo.Function and Form is what I have right now and it's a good suspension at a good price. I have the Type2 with the dampening adjustment which is really fun to play with..
In sum...it all depends and what you want and your budget but do some reserach and take your time

DrOwZee

Reaction score
yea it depends on what your going to use em for. if your accord is your DD then go with the teins, i have the basic coils, and they are smooth and like oem, but on the other hand if your for performance on the track i suggest something stiffer.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
word, check out the review thread. theres even an individual thread for the f2's.

coilovers and drop springs are completely different types of drops too, obviously haha, but youll have to make up your mind if you want the height adjustability or not.

ive never had any other suspension other than coilovers. imo, theyre the best since you can set your car where you want it and not some predetermined height that you might or might not like. and for as cheap as some full coilovers are going for these days, theyre well worth the money for what you get.

slow f23

Reaction score
my tein basics are smooth as hell, you can't tell a difference from OEM, but the downfall is they can not be slammed really.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
it really all depends on what you want to do with your car like all the other members said. coilovers like they said you can adjust it to the height you want. if you want to go low/slammed like most of us. coils would be for you. but as for spring and struts, i cant really say much cause i never had any. coilovers imo are the best ways to go.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it. My car is a daily driver so i'm not looking to go real low. Just wanna improve my car's handling a little bit. Leaning towards F2s right now...

MrLazie1

Reaction score
im also a DD with my car and i have on ksports coilovers. and i have to say, with the right set up with height and damper adjustments.. you get the handling that you want. :hihi:

Back