Suspension/wheel opinions please?

inv4zn

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I finally got a decent amount of money to lower my car, and get some wheels for my 2000 V6 coupe...

I've gone through half the members rides, and would just like some opinions before I go out and spend all my money lol.

How much (visually) is a 2" drop front and rear? I was looking around my car and 2" would seem pretty big, but then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about...I don't want to slam it or anything, as Vancouver has hills, bumps, potholes, etc...but I want it to look a bit nicer than the stock boat. Would 2" mess up ride quality?

Also, for wheels, a decent set of 17x7 or 17x8's with 205/50R17 or 215/45R17's look nice? I got those sizes from a search...again, ride quality and comfort are more important than performance for me..

Thanks for all your help guys! Totally new to all this suspension stuff...heh.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Tein basic looks like the drop you want. good drop with oem ride like.

inv4zn

Reaction score
Sweet...do different shocks make a difference with different springs?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
tein basics do sound like what you want...they are coilovers which are shocks and springs mated together with adjustable perches...they are all you need to buy

inv4zn

Reaction score
oh. haha should've searched..=/

The cost difference seemed a bit high upon initial research...

I got a quote for springs+shocks for 650 installed...
I think they were megan racing springs and tokico blues...

juicebox00

Reaction score
just do the install yourself. it's not really that hard. all you need to do is find 2 jacks stands, a jack, and some basic tools

DrOwZee

Reaction score
^^yea its easy with a help of a friend. there are a few sales on springs/shocks on here and on v6p.net for great prices. just look around.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
650 is way too much, the megan springs are 100 tops and the hp's are 300 shipped ebay, yeah there is tutorial on the master diy list, install yourself or make friends with someone who can assist you.

inv4zn

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the input =)

Unfortunately, we get raped here on shipping...and then duty if its not made in north america..=(

It's better to get parts at (relatively) low prices, then get raped on installation...lol.

~650 was about the best I could find without me having to smuggle in parts lol...

So if I do get raped on costs, and get that combo, would it be would I'm looking for in terms of looks/ride quality?

Again, thanks =)

Back