swap ?'S

datcubanboi

Reaction score
what is the fastest stock engine that we can swap in to our 98 honda accords?
and my mom crashed her tl so now i have a J37A2 sitting in my backyard
will that fit in our cars ?

juicebox00

Reaction score
honestly, it may be a tight fit but it should fit. you will need to do a bit of custom work but you would be the first 6thgen w/ the new j37 swapped into it.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
hey i noticed you live in cali and not to rain on your parade, but that is gonna be a ***** to pass inspection. Im not 100% but i think you can only do engine swaps (legally) with an engine that was alternatively offered for your model and series... but like i said not 100% sure.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
J37A2 is Acura RL. Did you mean J37A4?

Tight fit? NOPE. It'll fit just fine, all the J Series engines are about the same size. Just because it's 3.7 displacement, it doesn't mean it's that much larger. If you relocate the battery, you'll have A LOT of room.

Now, the 6th gen ECU is not smart enough to accomodate the engine and tranny without throwing codes. You may have to upgrade the ECU.

the auto tranny off the J37 will aslo need to be used. So keep that in mind.

But you should do it, and see where it takes you. The increase in torque will be tremendou, and it will feel like a brand new car!

finch13

Reaction score
Should work just fine if you have the money... how do you get to take the motor out is my question. 08-10 TL... with no full coverage insurance? :eh:

You WILL need the computer and wiring harness and all that jazz. It would be a wiswe decision to use the tranny too.

Drift

Reaction score
Should work just fine if you have the money... how do you get to take the motor out is my question. 08-10 TL... with no full coverage insurance? :eh:

You WILL need the computer and wiring harness and all that jazz. It would be a wiswe decision to use the tranny too.

You'll probably need all the immobilizer stuff too. That is going to be a fairly complicated swap to do. There will be tons of wiring. All the new cars are CAN-bus and can be very tricky to get right.

Back