swapping evap question

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im needing to swap my canister in the next 2 weeks so i can get it smoged abd i've found a few used ones for a decent price but they're from a v6 accord. From what i can tell they look the same on every part so i just want to make sure that it will work since im a 4cyl.
If anyone knows please let me know

001Stunna

Reaction score
Well common sense says to check the OEM part# for the 4cyl and v6...and if they match they should be the same part. So after doing just that....
Yes both i4 and v6 use canister part# 17011-S84-A00.

That being said if you've got a p1457 code chances are its the shut off valve, not the canister alone.

Last edited:

Ironade

Reaction score
It means you have a leak in the emissions system. It's possible that you need a special smoke machine to run smoke through the machine and pinpoint the leak. It may be the canister, vent shut value, solenoid value, two-way value, etc. It happened to my car 2 months ago, I replaced the canister the first time, but the 'engine check' light is still coming back on. Then I bought the new solenoid value, it's still not the right one. After that, I decided to buy all evap parts, and the light is FINALLY off permanently. I would recommended to go to shop for a special smoke machine if you don't want to spend all the money for every evap parts.

Yeah, I know I am crazy, but I don't have to worry about to buy other evap parts for a whiles.

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
I have the 1457 as well. Let me know what the problem end up being. Im not due for smog for another 16 months

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It means you have a leak in the emissions system. It's possible that you need a special smoke machine to run smoke through the machine and pinpoint the leak. It may be the canister, vent shut value, solenoid value, two-way value, etc. It happened to my car 2 months ago, I replaced the canister the first time, but the 'engine check' light is still coming back on. Then I bought the new solenoid value, it's still not the right one. After that, I decided to buy all evap parts, and the light is FINALLY off permanently. I would recommended to go to shop for a special smoke machine if you don't want to spend all the money for every evap parts.

Yeah, I know I am crazy, but I don't have to worry about to buy other evap parts for a whiles.

I probably wont do that since i dont have the extra money, i already have to get two threads redone in the top end of the motor next week and thats 200 but thats definitely a good idea. Im going to replace the canister and valve with a working used one and see it that works and if it doesnt then i'll probably do what you suggested.

Back