swapping out gauge cluster

mscott1979

Reaction score
Hello everybody i'm brand new around here and i got a couple of questions. I'm just wondering are there any differences between the 4 cyl and V6 gauge clusters and if i swap the cluster out will the cluster i put in retain it's mileage or is the mileage of the car stored inside the ecu and will it change the mileage on the cluster?

CRV_33

Reaction score
I dont think it will work based on the different type of motors. but if its the same engine but different body types that should be ok:

i.e. gauge cluster from v6 coupe will work in v6 sedan (and vice cersa)

as for the mileage it is not stored on the ecu at all. Each cluster will have its own mileage counter.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lemon, your stupid post makes no sense. again.

anyway. when you swap gauge clusters, the mileage sticks with the cluster. so no, it wont you youre exact mileage. itll show the mileage of the car it was taken out of.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Firstly, the search button is there for a reason :dunce: Secondly, the clusters are in fact different. Not the way they plug into the car, but in the v6 cluster the gauges have rods that connect them to the cluster board. The 4 cyl cluster has small rods on the actual board that slide into the gauges. In addition, the v6 gauges are connected by one gauge face. The 4 cyl is comprised of 3 separate components: the tachometer, the speedometer, and the fuel level/gear indicator/engine temp. Anything further, search lol

Shofast

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the cluster from the dash? What do you do after you take those 2 screws in the top out?

I have not gotten a chance to look at it closer myself.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Again, search, it ain't that hard lol. What happened to people just trying stuff out to figure them out?

mscott1979

Reaction score
Again, search, it ain't that hard lol. What happened to people just trying stuff out to figure them out?

Because most people are not going to waste time and money "trying stuff out" when someone else has experience in doing it and i always search before i ask......i'm not new to hondas or forum boards for that matter just new to owning an accord, but appreciate the post

Back