switching to rotella

flyspyder55

Reaction score
just throwing it out there... im switching to rotella t6 (synthetic) been a long term syntec user and i think ive finally found something im willing to use instead

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Been on subaru forums researching which oil to use for the wrx and almost everyone suggests rotella t6 for the subies. i guess it's really good. im gonna give it a shot too.

flyspyder55

Reaction score
well ive always been a fan of thinner oils... ive run 5-20 in my accord for 50k+ miles. but since theyve removed zinc from all the car oils... my attention has went to some offroad oils, like vr1... except vr1 isnt readily available in a sensible viscosity and isnt synthetic.

i dont like the 5-40 weight of it... its a huge turn off. i can also get it in straight 30 weight, but requires longer warm up time... i live in florida so its not so bad when ambient tems are in the 90*s

i may go 80% t6 and 20% mmo

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I ran rotella in my S14. It keeps **** clean. Give a couple of months and ill post pics of what it'll do to an engines innards.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
It's big in asia.. But I never found the correct weight here in d us...

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Eneos is great for turbo applications. 5w40 is a little thick for DD Accords unless you got boost under the hood and constantly taking your car to the track... I can see why the Subie community would use this.

flyspyder55

Reaction score
neither boost or frequent racing of your car is really a good reason to run thick oil. the problem with thick oil is that people see high pressure and mistake it for better lubrication, its not alway the same. more flow= good more pressure = good, but if u have to sacrifice flow for pressure, then it is not.
sure some colleagues of mine run 20-50 in there drag cars, but they also run .004 clearance on the bearing surfaces and these are 1500 hp car that only need to survive a relativly short life. these are also aplications where your worried about the oil breaking down over a 1/4 mile span. theres such an incredible ammount of oil contamanation on these cars that they start with 10 quarts of oil and you drain 14 quarts out of the pan at the end of a race... apples and oranges

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
thicker oil also means lower gas mileage if i remember correctly. im gonna be running 0w-20 if i can find it.

hondatech03

Reaction score
I think castrol makes it. Try pep boys or advanced auto parts they should have it. most of the honda hybrids use this oil.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
I know the Evo community is big on Amsoil signature series 0w-30. I'd assume 0w-20 would thin out if you're boosted. Could be wrong.

Back