SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have to sort things out with that exhaust situation I told you about, Chris, that will also help speed things up. Will look to take care of that next month as well.

I mentioned it already, the gaskets came yesterday, spark plugs should arrive any time now as well.

Once the Engine/Performance list is done, then I will start tearing down the engine.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am still hopeful this can be a DIY project with the help of some friends, but having it done at a shop seems to be the more likely situation.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You could just have a trustworthy shop who knows what they're doing complete the swap. Then the exhaust, brakes, and other stuff that isn't nearly as complex you could do yourself.

You could do everything, but I think that would make getting it all done take much longer. Unless you have some extremely car saavy friends.

I partly say all this because I'm bias and want your car to be done by November. :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am working towards it will probably be a shop that will do the swap/tune.

Unbeknownst to most, Simon/Adam/Frank and Tam would be the Dream Team to help get the swap done, but because of scheduling/work space issues, it will probably have to go to a shop.

With the exception of Tam(only because I haven't asked him), the others were all more than willing to help. Simon usually gives me a hand with the brake stuff, so we'll probably take care of that when the time comes.

I have those other exterior mods I spoke to you about as well to do, which will also be a DIY project.

Simon told me about the shop he went to for the tune, so I will be getting in touch with them to set that up to get done.

I told my wife, the car HAS to be done in time for November, so, she already knows it's a major focus for me right now. I'm just glad she has been supportive.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Will be ordering the Fuel Pump in the next couple weeks, and the timing belt/water pump and custom CAI by the end of September along with the engine harness/engine mounts.

Also have to get the parts to the shop for porting, , hoping the quote I got is the max it will cost for those parts, but we'll see.

Clock is ticking since the goal is to have the car in a shop for the week of October 22nd.

I have ordered some other little things along the way that have contributed to the delay, but couldn't pass up the good deals.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Will have to make sure I have the camera handy as well, to document the process.

Thanks Alex, it's been a long time coming.

Back