SykVSyx - and so it begins....

Jimsun

Reaction score
How abouts will this go pass emission? Apparently from what i heard from judy it's a little hard now

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was reading about on her posts about that.

Not sure if it was a harness/ECU problem or what, but I have a matching auto harness/ECU(TL), so I am hoping with everything else, there is no problem.

I'll have to talk to her more about it, to see what exactly she was dealing with, with her car.

Jimsun

Reaction score
Ahh. I hope things work out for you then. Ill be lurking around to see how it goes with the emission.

From what i hear is that if you can travel to timmins, they still do tail pipe testing up there even with the new regulations.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks, will definitely keep the thread updated about that.

Timmins....dang.....well, we'll see, there may be a shop a little more local I can go to as well.

I am pretty sure I won't have to drive 7 hours to get an emission test done!

I'm thinking because everything is auto, I shouldn't get any odd codes because the car can't recognize auto/manual.

Also, since the engine/ECU/harness is all from an Acura, hopefully the electronics don't have any glitches.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the ECU, motor, tranny, and engine harness are all from the same car, I don’t think you should have any CEL problems. As long as the shop wires everything up correctly, that is.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If the ECU, motor, tranny, and engine harness are all from the same car, I don’t think you should have any CEL problems. As long as the shop wires everything up correctly, that is.

No, engine is from an MDX, ECU is from one TL and the engine harness is from another TL.

The shop has done swaps before, so I don't anticipate them having wiring issues.

We'll see how it goes.

td-civ

Reaction score
its nice to see another 6th gen build down my way lol what shop is doing the work

SykVSyx

Reaction score
its nice to see another 6th gen build down my way lol what shop is doing the work

There were actually a few shops that I spoke with, and it was reassuring to know that they all quoted me pretty much the same price.

Will be taking it to a shop in the GTA. Will post specifics once the work is underway/complete.

Back