SykVSyx - and so it begins....

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't get to it last weekend.

I am looking to have an Install Day at my place this Sunday, so we will see who is around, but it will be more for the 'clear' mods I mentioned to you awhile back, as far as what is getting done to my car and getting the CDA 9887 installed.

i wish i was closer, I would do your whole swap in one day. ;)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If I could get the swap done in a day, with no hiccups, that would be awesome.

I have been getting some conflicting info, I thought the Blox TB was 76mm, and I am reading on v6P that people are getting an 80mm one? Are they boring the 76mm TB?

@Matt, yeah, slow and steady, unfortunately, not by choice.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
With everything Derek is doing...definitely could not be done in a day lol.

Slow and steady is okay D-rock. Better to be prepared as much as you can and all. I've seen too many people go into this swap half assed and they paid the price. It's not fun when things go wrong haha. Just keep on truckin. ;)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Apparently this "do it right the first time" approach is a sensible one.

So, given the magnitude of the project and the goals I am trying to attain, I have no choice but to get it right the first time.

Also, the pressure is on my to make sure I have everything I need before I take it to the shop.

Appreciate the support guys, thank you.

Reaction score
If I could get the swap done in a day, with no hiccups, that would be awesome.

I have been getting some conflicting info, I thought the Blox TB was 76mm, and I am reading on v6P that people are getting an 80mm one? Are they boring the 76mm TB?

@Matt, yeah, slow and steady, unfortunately, not by choice.

Yea I saw that too, I'm not 100% sure which tb those guys are using. I'd ask.

With everything Derek is doing...definitely could not be done in a day lol.

Slow and steady is okay D-rock. Better to be prepared as much as you can and all. I've seen too many people go into this swap half assed and they paid the price. It's not fun when things go wrong haha. Just keep on truckin. ;)

I've never done an automatic swap but I've done a couple of 6 speeds.

Apparently this "do it right the first time" approach is a sensible one.

So, given the magnitude of the project and the goals I am trying to attain, I have no choice but to get it right the first time.

Also, the pressure is on my to make sure I have everything I need before I take it to the shop.

Appreciate the support guys, thank you.

That's what everyone strives for, it never works out haha. There's always a bolt missing here and there.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not a huge update, but, will be picking up the RL Calipers and the 350Z rotors this weekend, as well as the RDX Injector Adapters.

Next on the list will be the Q45 90mm throttle body and the custom CAI parts from Summit.

Will be posting pics of parts in due time as well....to put things in to perspective as to what all is involved in this build/swap.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Yessss. Moar updates needed in here. :lawl: I can't wait to see this beast in... 3 years. :lawl:

Just busting your balls. :lawl:

Back