systems question!

99ExAccord

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a question. Im having problem with my music clips (cuts on and off) and im debating if its my system or im in need of something else.

Im runing 2 12" Ev Mid Woofers

2 SoundStream titanium bullet tweeter Eq, Kicker type R on the door my amps are 880.4 and 1000.1 for bass

and my music clips and a friend of mine has 8 Evs with 4 amps on the same 2.3L 6th gen accord sedan stock alt. and his music is fine all he has is a Cell and a autozone battery.... but then again i have the big 3 upgrade yellow top optima batt and all 0 gauge grounds and im having problems. what can be the problem here?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
first make sure the amps are not overheating
second, make sure the gain on the amps are no higher than 3/4 (75%)

ALso, does the music cut out when the radio is up loud?
If you're playing a certain song, does it cut out exactly at the same spot of that song?
If none of these are the case, check the connections of the amps
If these are the case, your amps are probably going into a protective mode.
Try lowering the gain of the amps and tune the radio for a better sound so you wont have to have the amps up so high

tunedaccord

Reaction score
check your ohm you running your subs at. make sure your amp able to handle it. if you running 1ohm and your amp is not 1ohm stable it will going under protect mode which shuts the amp off

99ExAccord

Reaction score
first make sure the amps are not overheating
second, make sure the gain on the amps are no higher than 3/4 (75%)

ALso, does the music cut out when the radio is up loud?
If you're playing a certain song, does it cut out exactly at the same spot of that song?
If none of these are the case, check the connections of the amps
If these are the case, your amps are probably going into a protective mode.
Try lowering the gain of the amps and tune the radio for a better sound so you wont have to have the amps up so high

No my amps are not overheating. When my amps cut off the power lights on my amps turn off. They do not go on protect whats so ever, the green lights just turn off and turn back on. Everything is connected good, I have solid grounds. And yes my music cut off when its too loud or I put the bass up. :boo: Im from north bergen as well maybe you can tell me a good shop where I can get my system checked out at. Maybe you can even help me out by what I told you. Thanks you

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
No my amps are not overheating. When my amps cut off the power lights on my amps turn off. They do not go on protect whats so ever, the green lights just turn off and turn back on. Everything is connected good, I have solid grounds. And yes my music cut off when its too loud or I put the bass up. :boo: Im from north bergen as well maybe you can tell me a good shop where I can get my system checked out at. Maybe you can even help me out by what I told you. Thanks you

But if you're playing one patricular song and crank it up, does it cut off on that song or will it do it on any song if you turn it up.
If your grounds are properly connected check the power wire and the remote wire for good connections.
I'm free anytime after today. I can look at it

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Also, is the car running when you're doing this?
And is it hard to start the car. As if the battery seems a little dead (low)

kcollazo86

Reaction score
Before when I was just runing the soundstream 880.4 with the Evs beymas on the doors tweeters.....and a sony xplode 1000.2 pushing 2 mtx the music will always clip if I'm useing the cars power putting windows down sunroof etc... now I put a jl audio 1000.1 and a 12" l7 and now it brakes out even more... when I had the mtx I can run the car on the batt with no problem and put it as high but now with the jl amp and sub I can't. Car turns on fine and all sorry if this don't make sence I'm writing this from my cell phone.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I'm thinking there's a problem with the altenator or the battery.
More than likely the altenator I think. Once the car is started, the ststem is running off the altenator

You can bring it by my house this evening and I can take a look at it

Back