Tach laggs?

Josh H.

Reaction score
Hey guys wasnt really sure where this post would fit in first of all lol, ive searched this as well as another forum and havent been abke to find anything explaining this issue. Basically ive noticed when my car is in park and you rev the motor the tach doesnt actually move until a second or two later. Is this normal with auto v6 2000 accords? Ive just never had a car do that before so i was curious.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are the gauges factory? Have you ever opened them to change anything? There shouldn't be a delay like that. They can be adjusted but it's a fragile process, however there are threads on that. Or you can buy another cluster and swap over the circuitry so you still have the same odometer.

Josh H.

Reaction score
Yes they are all factory gauges and havent been opened by me, however im not sure if the previous owner has done anything to them at any point. Ill search for those threads, its like the tach isnt picking up rpm ubtil it hits 2000 and then functions normally, doesnt do it while driving though whixh is why i found it to be kinda odd.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I'd pull the cluster & spray it out with air to blow out any crap. Then use a little lube to make it slide.

I'd use motorcycle chain lube, aerosol. It has other uses too, like cables and stuff. But it is sold as chain lube.

Josh H.

Reaction score
I'd pull the cluster & spray it out with air to blow out any crap. Then use a little lube to make it slide.

I'd use motorcycle chain lube, aerosol. It has other uses too, like cables and stuff. But it is sold as chain lube.

Cool thanks for the info, ill look into that as well.

Back