Tail light assembly replacement?

Andres

Reaction score
This may sound a bit dumb so bare with me, my girlfriends mom drives a 2002 accord and her passenger side taillight assembly is cracked and shes asked me to replace it. I haven't look at it yet but would it be just a bolt on/off process? I've only really worked on my miata and the assemblies just came off with a few bolts. Ive read that apparently i will need to remove the entire rear bumper cover to gain enough room. Specifically she drives a 2002 v6 4 door sedan.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep bolt on. pop trunk then theres a couple of 8 or 10mm. after that u pull it a bit and it comes off. For the corner ones, u needa take out this clip holding the carpet in so u can pull it away to expose the bolts.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
very easy...depends on if its the outside or trunk light..out side has 4-8mm bolts..trunk light I think also has 4-8mm,but then 2 clips holding it down..just move the carpet to gain access..

Andres

Reaction score
Alright thanks, that's what it thought it would be. I've done the tails on number of my friends cars including my miata and i just havent heard of having to remove the entire bumper in earlier generation cars

Back