Tail light paint?

DSeng13

Reaction score
I painted my taillights also. Though not the whole thing, here's a pic of it.

3088576_2.jpg

I just left open the only parts that light up anyway. I painted it on the outside and clear coated it. It's pretty durable no specs, cracks or anything and I live in MN so we have harsh winters and hot summers and mine are still good.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^ NOPE. This is false information.

The actual plastic lens is red, so opening it up won't do anything except most likely ruin a set of taillights.

ADVISORY: Please know what you're talking about when giving advice to fellow members.

DSeng13

Reaction score
Someone else told me that when they saw that I painted mine and I assumed they were right. I'll make sure I know first hand before I post any advice next time. Sorry about that and glad you corrected me before someone tried it, I'd feel terrible. :hide:

sickdime

Reaction score
i smoke lights all the time at work. i tint the clear with black paint tint. prep the light by scuffing with red scotch brite. sometimes i sand with 600 grit. you can clear over that without showing the sand scratches. depending on the darkness you want to achieve spray a couple light coats. once like you want it i put a clean clearcoat over that. its like candy paint , the more coats the darker the color shows. works with other colors to. sometimes i spray a coat of pearl the same color as the car and its kinda trick. this works on carbon fiber parts to and helps with the uv protection those parts lack

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
do not... i repeat do not use pactra rc tint... i used it and within few months of handwashing car it disappear back to stock color again...

it looks good at first glossy dark color but it will fade...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
do not... i repeat do not use pactra rc tint... i used it and within few months of handwashing car it disappear back to stock color again...

it looks good at first glossy dark color but it will fade...

Yes, it will fade over time, but BFD, do it again. It's easy to do, and you get a good looking finish, unlike the VHT niteshades crap... IMO.
gotta love that turbo emblem

at least he's turbo..... unlike some other applications of such emblems i've seen

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My brother bought a turbo emblem from Autozone and put it on my dad's '94 Olds Cutlass Ciera, just to see if he'd notice. Such a terrible emblem, lowercase script lol. ^That guy's emblem actually fits the Accord well.

Used correctly with upkeep Pactra produces good results. But to me the best method is painting the tint. That way you have a good finish, it's weatherproof, and won't do anything weird when it's waxed. Of course, it's more expensive, but it's worth it imo. My paint guy tinted his heads/tails on his Tundra this way, and it looks really great.

Latest posts

Back