Tail Light Socket Type?

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Im looking for a socket for the 168 bulb in the trunk mounted portion of the taillight. I believe there is a 7440 for reverse and then the 168 is for night time tail lights. Could this possibly a T10 socket? The one on this product page : link

Honda quoted me 16$ per socket for this... I just need a socket to connect the harness to the lights, jeez :skurred:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Not sure what you're asking. Yes the 168 is a t10 socket. If you don't want to buy new then visit local junkyards and pick one up.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Yes I need the socket for the trunk-mounted tail light bulbs, which are 168

I need the socket that will connect to Honda's wiring harness

001Stunna

Reaction score
Don't think the superbrightled's one will work, unless OP is willing to do some cutting/splicing. The honda one is a plug n play on both sides(bulb one one side and wiring on other i believe)

OP...go to a junkyard or buy new and pay the price.

Not sure what else you're looking for other than that. If you're looking for a member that may have one for sale then go post in the classifieds/wtb section.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're selling that at $0.71 over cost. You can't beat it other than going to a junkyard

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Hey everyone, bumping my old thread because I did not want to create a new one.
I am soon planning on going back to stock tail lights. However, with my current setup I am using some LEDs, but I am not sure if they will fit into stock tail lights

The side (brake) bulbs are these: Link (~ 1.9 inches)

The inner (night) bulbs are these: Link (~1.55 inches)

Will I have issues with fitment? Also, will my inner lights be brighter than my outer ones causing them to look funky? They are also red in color. Any input is appreciated.
Thank you

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
As long as the bulb type of the LED bulbs matches the bulb type of the original filament bulbs, they can be interchanged unless you bought some weird variation featuring a unique bulb style. i.e. that tower 194 bulb...I don't know enough about the sedan tails to know if they'll fit or not.

7443 and 7440 use the same socket type.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Assuming you have the stock lights, isnt it easier for you to test the bulbs if they fit.

It would be hard for anyone to tell you yes or no unless they have the same bulbs, or have ever measured the depth/height of the socket on their tails.

Hey everyone, bumping my old thread because I did not want to create a new one.
I am soon planning on going back to stock tail lights. However, with my current setup I am using some LEDs, but I am not sure if they will fit into stock tail lights

The side (brake) bulbs are these: Link (~ 1.9 inches)

The inner (night) bulbs are these: Link (~1.55 inches)

Will I have issues with fitment? Also, will my inner lights be brighter than my outer ones causing them to look funky? They are also red in color. Any input is appreciated.
Thank you

Back